Thread: What is the Q drive in the office

What is the Q drive in the office

I was using the Office 2007 for a long time and now i switched to the Office 2010. after installing the Office, I now have a Q drive installed in the My computer. The Q drive is showing in the My computer and when i click on that it shows a message as "access is denied" error message. Please tell me about the Q drive and if it is installed ans useful then tell me the way to use it, it will be great if you provide me with a solution.

Re: What is the Q drive in the office

The problem mentioned by you is that when you try to install the Office 2010 c,lick to run suite, such as the Office Starter 2010, Office Starter To-Go, Office Home & Student, or Office Home & Business. These all products are based on the Application Visualization technology (AVT). The Q rive is the Virtual drive and it is not used for user, it is provided for the 'Live" file system; it is not the real drive with no space it cannot be accessed from the "My Computer".

It is not a problem and it does not provide any trouble to your system. There are Some system which have a automatic back ups to the local drive. These drives are often treated as a separate drive often named as Q drive. There is no problem in your system and then if you have a trouble then forward the query to me.

The solution provided from the Microsoft to these problem is Office starter must be installed to Q drive which is not a virtual one. Customer have to remove the designation of and existing Q drive or Change the designation of the existing Q drive and these is applicable for offer products also. So, if you want to install the other product then change or remove it otherwise left it.

I have used all my other service of Microsoft Office 2010 and it does not have any trouble with the Q drive at all. So, i have decided that i will not going to do any thing with it, i was so stress about the problem but you have given me the appropriate answer to it. just wanted to thank you for the solution and will be grateful in the future for your advice.

The Office 2010 that you have installed is a virtual copy that is used to install in the Virtual machines that are used on the networks. So, to solve your problem you have to install the Real office 2010 copy and install the Virtual copy if your machine is connected in to the Network. These will solve your problem with the installation of a real copy of the Microsoft Office 2010 it is the perfect and ultimate solution to your query.

The Microsoft has used a new way to sell it products that is online, if you asked for a online product and you are using the Office as a existing product. Then it creates a Q drive on your system which is used as a virtual memory for the download and for the updates to the Microsoft products. If you want to download the Office Starter 2010 then the Q drive installed in your system will help you to download the product and act as a virtual memory for the updates.