Thread: Drivers for M50 WinXP

Drivers for M50 WinXP

I have a Toshiba M50 laptop and using windows XP Service pack 1. Then after some month I reinstalled Window XP with Service pack 2. In my device manger I found my SM Bus Controller and Video Controller Drivers were missing. So now I need a solution that what should be the correct driver for my new Windows Xp.

Re: Drivers for M50 WinXP

If you have install the new service pack for your windows then just go to the windows official site and look for the proper windows updated drivers for your Windows Xp service pack 2 and download it .You have to ensure that you install the downloaded drivers are install after you have remove your pervious drivers otherwise it will provide you with an error.

You are missing with your SM Bus Controller then you must have not installed for Base Chipset Driver. It is vital to install the Base Chipset Driver Package first or you have not install the Base Chipset Driver at all. But still just go and check it whether you have install it or not. And if you have install it then uninstall it and reboot you computer system so the your Windows can mechanically install it.

I am having the same model of Toshiba laptop and your video driver is missing. Basically, the video controller is the display driver. You maybe require the Intel Display Driver. You can get this driver from the Windows official website . On the website you have to go to support and download section of the website download the drivers which is compatible to your operating system.

The SM Bus Controller is the major chipset on the motherboard. It is important to install the chipset drivers in your computer. This chipset is existing on the restore disk or the hidden restore partition of your hard drive. Basically the windows provides the chipset driver. You may not find this driver on the company website as the Windows generally provides the chipset driver

If you are missing the drivers of Toshiba M50 so just go to the Toshiba official site and search for your model and download its drivers which is compatibile to your motherboard. If that doesn’t work then try to uninstall your Windows and install it again and then install all the drivers one by one. And restart your computer .

The first part is to install the windows CD and reboot your system. Then right click on the my computer and click on the manage then go to the device manager select the hardware category you want to install and then right click on the properties of the driver you want to install and click on the driver tab browse for the driver setup present in your PC hard disk or CD drive . If this doesn’t fix your problem then update your drivers from the official site of the windows.