Thread: Need Windows 7 driver for HP Photosmart 1115 printer

Need Windows 7 driver for HP Photosmart 1115 printer

Happy with the new Operating System, Windows 7. I was also happy when I was using my old Operating System Windows XP, because my printer HP Photosmart 1115 was having no problem, dealing with it, Now as I have Windows 7 the printer is not working with it. Actually I do not have drivers for the printer for Windows 7, I have searched for the drivers on the HP site, but they simply say that they do not have one. Can you all please help me in finding one. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Windows 7 driver for HP Photosmart 1115 printer

Not here with the solution but to tell that you are not alone in this race. I was also facing the same issue. I searched all the way for the drivers of Photosmart 7960 printer on the HP site, but no help from them. I tried to complaint regarding this to the executives of HP. They did look into the matter, and then concluded, that the support for the older products can not be made. I was very much disappointed with their statement. However if any one can help, the suggestions are always welcomed.... Thanks.

I think you all need to look more carefully. Windows 7 has the drivers for the printer that is for sure going to work. I am saying this because I have made my Photosmart 1115 work on Windows 7, and that also without any problem. Just go through the normal setups in order to install the printer. During the installation when you reach the point where it asks for the type of printer that you are trying to install, then you need to choose HP Photosmart 7200 Series. Give this a try. Hope that this will work.

At last someone at least some one turned up with some thing. I was wondering if I will have to buy another Printer. I will try it as soon as possible, and will post to tell what it did. I have found much confidence in your statement. Hope that it even comes up in my printer too. However I have tried the normal set-up many times but never did as what you mentioned. Hoping it to work, Thanks....

Using the drivers of Photosmart 8200, on Windows 7 solved the above problem. You just need to go to Add Printer and make the selection for DOT 4 USB for the port. After this take the drivers of 8200 with which Windows 7 is comfortable. It just works great. I think that HP could have suggested this but they do not want this to happen, since they want to bring up there sale of products. Good Luck with this.