Thread: Windows 7 ignores my settings in Power Plan

Windows 7 ignores my settings in Power Plan

If I leave my laptop in the normal start up mode for some minutes (Near about 5 minutes) the Aero effects shut off automatically leaving just the common theme;After some seconds,the display moves into the minimum power mode and close to low (shuts off)

There is only thing that I have configured up my Power Options with the NOT turn the display off after some amount of time, so I don't have any idea about the reason, why it is performing like this. I am not launching any type of programs when the same situation come against this. I have plenty of RAM, and the video card is latest enough to work upon the Aero without any complexity

Re: Windows 7 ignores my settings in Power Plan

I am getting your problem with the current situation but I need to know something more about your issue, you have not indicated the cases, whether you are on the battery or AC power connected .

In any type of situation , Windows 7 contains a lots of power-plan knobs with the twiddle. Have you, for example , dug down to the configurations for the Processor power management ? There are some configurations for Minimum processor state and for Maximum processor status.

Hi, I appreciate your help and suggestion that you have provided me to go for . I actually have figured out what was the reason that is occurring this just a little while before. Apparently if you don't launch the WinSAT after making a fresh Windows installation or WinSAT requires an updated version of Windows Experiance score just because of new hardware, Windows decides to turn the monitor off every 15 - 20 minutes. Turns out it required updating for some odd causes , so I launched the Windows Assesment, and the issues moved away.

I am running with the system configuration of HP 3GB RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit installed on that . I have upgraded from Windows vista home premium and entirely moved very fine advisor states that there is no any issues to completing the upgrade procedure . I am unable to reconfigure my power configuration and I get the error for your power plan information and it is not available there . I have finished a system restore back to when I initially installed and then it moved proper to work and I create new one plan and all going fine. After a day, it stopped functioning and I have seen the posts on reg edits and all non of that going fine ..

I think, you need to try this one and mostly it would go fine in this case, Just g through the procedure stated below :

• Click onto the Start Button
    • Locate the cmd.exe
    • Make a right click onto the cmd.exe and choose to go for the Run as Administrator
    • from the command prompt, issue PowerCfg ‑RestoreDefaultSchemes

It will restore the default power plans and configuration which is provided with your laptop.