Thread: Software conflicting problem?

Software conflicting problem?

The OS is xp pro: The intel 3945abg wireless card that are in the Dell Latitude D6xx laptops here at work would connect to the wireless set up here then disconnect at different times after. Some laptops wouldn't connect at all when you logged first logged on. After the wireless disconnected, it wasn't able to reconnect at all. The strange thing is that I went to a local college close by and logged onto their wireless fine and it was never disconnected. I looked at the event viewer and saw I was getting a event 5005 and 5002-3. I then put a new wireless card (intel 4965agn) and the wireless connection stayed connected but I am still getting the event 5xxx errors. I'm using the IntelĀ® PRO/Wireless WIFI connection utility on all the laptops execpt for the one. This one I'm just connecting through windows (no 3rd party WIFI connection utility). Could the problem be as simple as for some reason that software utility is conflicting with the network or the software needs to be updated? Any ideas I know this really isn't Windows softare but I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas?

Re: Software conflicting problem?

Check the registry settings for configuration information such as network address, VLAN ID, offload settings, or control flow settings. To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.

• To update the driver configuration information:
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in Start Search, and then press ENTER.
    • In the Device Manager tree, click Network adapters, and then verify that the network adapter is present.
    • Right-click the network adapter, and then click Properties.
    • Click Advanced, and then change the values as appropriate.

For more click here.

Re: Software conflicting problem?

Another possibility might be that I'm thinking the errors are still showing up because it might still be seeing the old wireless card drivers in the registry....