Thread: PowerPoint Viewer will not open or preview pps attachments in Outlook 2010 beta

PowerPoint Viewer will not open or preview pps attachments in Outlook 2010 beta

I am using Windows Vista with the Office 2010 but there is a problem in PowerPoint. The Viewer was not open or preview pps attachments in outlook 2010 beta version, when i tried to open it using the Office 2010 beta it provided me with an error. i can save the attachments and then open PowerPoint and view the required file. I also tried to disable mu anti virus software but it didn't work at all. There is a problem, so please reply with the solution i will be thankful to you for any suggestion.

Re: PowerPoint Viewer will not open or preview pps attachments in Outlook 2010 beta

These issue often occurs if the file association is not right or properly managed. First try to correct the file association and check that it helps or not, these can be done by following the steps given below:
    • Go to start
    • Default programs
    • Select associate a file type or a protocol with the particular program
    • Select .pps and then Select Change
    • Then click on Browse to C: /programfiles/Microsoft Office/Office 12/
    • After that select the file pptview.exe and select OK to complete the process.

These will for sure solve your problem.

Re: PowerPoint Viewer will not open or preview pps attachments in Outlook 2010 beta

These issue could be caused due to two reasons, the first is the installation and the other is Blocking of application. The installation of PowerPoint viewer 2007 may be corrupted. In other case, Some other application is blocking the PowerPoint Viewer 2007 from opening up as you have already corrected the file association. The simple solution for these is that you have to reinstall the PowerPoint Viewer 2007 and then try to install it again, these will definitely solve your problem.

I have corrected the file association by following the above steps and now you are saying that there may be a problem in the installation of the PowerPoint viewer 2007 and i have to reinstall the application again. So, tell me how i can reinstall the application in a proper manner. Please provide the solution in a step by step process that will be easier for me, any suggestion will be appreciated.

As you have mentioned that you have done your file association properly then half the work is done, now i am providing you the step to uninstall the application in a step by step manner that will be easy for you to follow;
    • Click on Start
    • Go to the Control panel
    • Then select program
    • Click on the Uninstall a Program
    • Then Select Microsoft PowerPoint viewer 2007 from the following list
    • Click on the Uninstall button

After that download a fresh copy of the Microsoft PowerPoint viewer 2007 from the website and install it your issue will be resolved.

First of all thank you Kattman you are a genius you have finally resolved my issue, i have done both the file association and the uninstalling process. It actually worked for me i have uninstall the application and then downloaded the fresh copy of PowerPoint viewer 2007 from the website of Microsoft as suggested by you. Then install it and checked and it was working perfectly in the system.

To overcome your problem you have to do two things. The first is that you have to go for a file association and the second is that you have to go for the un-installation of the PowerPoint viewer 2007 from the system. After that install the application again and use the PowerPoint viewer 2007 it will work perfectly, if then too the problem arises then contact the support team and experts of Microsoft they will solve your issue.