Thread: How do you stop Microsoft Outlook from synchronizing folders?

How do you stop Microsoft Outlook from synchronizing folders?

I am using Office 2003 in the Windows XP, with McAfee Antivirus. When i am using the Microsoft Outlook it synchronizes the folder with it, i do not want that Microsoft Outlook to synchronizes with it. please provide me with the appropriate solution to solve my query. It is very important for me not to synchronize the folder, so please help with an answer.

Re: How do you stop Microsoft Outlook from synchronizing folders?

There is problem in your email account, first verify which account is configured in the outlook. Check whether it is a POP or IMAP email service or any other and send me the details. There would be a message such as "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders" in case of an exchange account of hot-mail.Give me the proper detail co that i can help you.

I am using a POP email account and, i got these information from the outlook. I opened the outlook account and then selected the Tools. In that account settings and checked the account type it was the POP account. So, please provide me with the solution i will be grateful to you, i want to use the service but do not want to synchronize the folders.

The Microsoft Exchange account problem of outlook can be solved by following the simple steps that are given below, follow each step one by one and your problem will be solved:
    • Go in the Navigation Pane, right click the folder that to wish to filter
    • Then select the Properties
    • Select the Synchronization tab, and then under it select Filtered synchronization click filter

• then click clear all and your problem will be solved

Thank you Glenny finally you have solved my problem of the synchronizing the folder. Now it does not synchronizes the folder and i am able to send the mail with out synchronizing the folder in the Outlook. I am, very grateful that you have given me the solution and i will be very happy in future for your suggestions.

your problem of the Exchange email can be solved in the Microsoft Outlook, just go to the Navigation pane, right click the folder that you want to filter, and then select the Properties. After that select the Synchronization tab, and under that Filtered synchronization select the Filter Option. Finally you have to Clear all and then your problem will be solved.

I am using Outlook 2010 and would like to stop Outlook from Synchronizing folders since it is giving an error message. How do I go about doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by NWDrifter View Post
    I am using Outlook 2010 and would like to stop Outlook from Synchronizing folders since it is giving an error message. How do I go about doing that?
    If you are using Exchange Cached Mode then you can turn it off, but if you do then you will not be able to work offline. Check the below link for same.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001022343.aspx