Thread: Changing Langauge from English to Urdu in office 2007

Changing Langauge from English to Urdu in office 2007

I have Microsoft Office 2007 installed in my system and using it from a long time. I was writing my articles in English from a long but now i want to write it in Urdu language in word 2007. So how can i change the language from English to Urdu, please provide me with an answer, any suggestion regarding the topic will be appreciated by us.

Re: Changing Langauge from English to Urdu in office 2007

These issue of changing the language can be solved by making the changes in the Control Panel section, steps for that are provided below:
    • First go to "control panel" and select "Regional and language options"
    • Select "change Keyboard"
    • Then click on "add" and add the urdu language and then click on "OK"

• Select advanced key settings to add the key sequence to shift between languages.

These will resolve your issue on changing the language in the office 2007

Windows operating system uses Microsoft Sans Serif and Tahoma as default display font styles to display the text, just follow the following steps to change the language to urdu:
    • First click on start, type regedit in the start search box, ad then press enter
    • Then navigate to the following instructions of registry key;
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ FontSubstitutes
    • Then in the right pane select the "MS Shell Dlg" and "MS Shell Dlg 2"
    • After that type the name of the desire fonts that you want to use one by one then click OK
    • Then restart the system and see the changes

as you have mentioned that you are not able to write your articles in urdu language that can be easily resolves, you first have to go in the control panel and after that select Regional and language settings. Then go to the Keyboard and language options click on the change keyboard. Select add and add the urdu language and then click Ok to complete the process. At last select advanced key settings to add a key sequence to shift between language. After that restart the computer and you will get the urdu fonts.

The Microsoft provides the Urdu language utility kit for free, that can be downloaded from there official website. After that just install the kit and restart your system to see the changes. These method is applicable only if you don't have the urdu language in your Regional and Key setting section in the control panel, this is the ultimate solution to your problem.

I have followed all the steps provided by you above and got the solution, Now i am able to write all my article in Urdu language. It is very simple unless you known how to do it, you are a genius my friend as you have solve my problem in no time. I am very grateful to you and will be very happy if you provide me the solution to my further queries.