Thread: iPhone contacts sync to OWA

question iPhone contacts sync to OWA

Hi guys.
    Hope your expertise can help here.
    I run a small company and have a contract with an IT company who seem unable to even understand the concept of what I am trying to do.

We have field based salesmen who all have iPhones which are synced to our sbs2008 exchange server. Everything works ok in this respect.
    The salesmen also have acces to OWA and again all is ok.
    However before the recent iPhones they All had blackberries and so had all their contacts and email addresses in their phones only.

But although some of them have copied the contacts successfully from bb to iPhone, what seems impossible is to now get these contacts from the iPhone onto their user accounts on exchange.

Whereas with a physical copy of outlook, an initial outlook sync thru iTunes would be perfect, j cannot seem to find a way to get their contacts to transfer from iPhone to their exchange accounts and therefore their contacts folders on OWA.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this may be possible? Or in fact if it is possible at all?

They do not have physical versions of outlook installed anywhere.
    We do not have any VPNs setup to allow access to our exchange sbs via physical installed copies of outlook. However if this seemed a possible solution then it could be arranged.

Thanks for your time and I hope that you may be Able to shed some light here.

Re: iPhone contacts sync to OWA

I also had the same problem but after that I came across a program called "Contacts Master". The program allows you to upload your contacts to a Gmail account. Since my primary goal was to replace my old company's Exchange account configuration with my Gmail account, this worked out perfectly (at the time I'm writing this, the iPhone doesn't support multiple Exchange accounts). The app cost $1.99, well worth it if you ask me (saves the time of having to manually write them down).