Thread: Generate Random Text In Ms Word

Generate Random Text In Ms Word

In almost all Microsoft programs, there are tons of tips and tricks or undocumented features. I am looking for some specific tool that can guide me to generate random text in Microsoft word. For that which option can I use. Does I need to use any third party software for that. I believe there might be some integrated in this office suite by Microsoft. Thanks

Re: Generate Random Text In Ms Word

For that you can try the rand () function present in Microsoft Word. It provides with good service if you want something short test times in Word and practice, so for example, certain formatting, or how to insert graphics into a text, etc. Usually one needs for a training text. Often, but not fast enough for the hand, or it does not meet the required criteria. This helps us quickly and easily the rand function. The command for that is = Rand () then press the ENTER key.

Yes the RAND function can provide you help without using any third part suite. The when pass the command the text seems somewhat strange. This is from the Windows Control Panel and can be found there under fonts. Double-click a font, so you can see this phrase in different sizes in the respective font. It was there, except the special characters, all letters of the alphabet. So you can see how the individual characters look like in the appropriate font.

The Microsoft programmers have incorporated this function is likely to test. There is an undocumented feature, i.e. It is not describe ed in the manuals. Enter the function without parameters, i.e. = rand () you get exactly three paragraphs, each with five times the rate. You can also change. In the clip, you can enter parameters. These must be separated by a comma, i.e. = rand (p1, p2). The first parameter (p1) gives the number of paragraphs and the second parameter (p2) the number of sets of which are to appear per paragraph.

The exact procedure is this = Rand () and press Enter. You will get a phrase repeated several times. It must be said however that the chain letter is wrong when he says that you must type the word in a new document. In fact the generator of sentences works anywhere in a document even begun. The number of repetitions is controlled by entering pairs of numbers in brackets, there the first specifies the number of paragraphs, the second specifies the number of sentences per paragraph like = Rand (10.1).

If you are working on Word, you may need to insert text to understand the layout, font size, paragraph, before the real writing happens. So you may want to fill the spaces with the standard text. If a version of Word 2007 or later, just start a new paragraph and write = lorem () by pressing Enter. Or, for more control over the generated text. Here lorem = (number of paragraphs, number of lines) between the parentheses indicate the number of paragraphs and lines of text Dummy. So the spaces are filled, as seen from the video.

The problem with Word to handle functions that can not run as in Excel, you have to add a form field and out of it tell it to run a macro to assign to this field the value of the function. The RAND function in Word is known as the ghost writer, on the sheet where you work with the formula and hit enter to park in a written text, according to the numbers of variables to put the text there appears speaks of one thing, what I want is to create a VBA routine that function similar to but using my own text and my own coordinate.