Thread: sony vaio VPCEC1M1E motion eye-webcam driver issues

question sony vaio VPCEC1M1E motion eye-webcam driver issues

Hello,
    I am looking for the webcam driver for my brand new VPCEC1M1E sony vaio.
    The webcam works under ArcSoft Webcam Companion 3 software, that is to say, it sometimes works and most of the time does not work. The Sony support helpdesk suggested a complete reinstallation (brutal) or installing the webcam driver again but ´it is not available on or sony-website´ (?!?) or buying an additional webcam (give me a break).
    Can anyone help me out?
    many thanks,
    Catharina

Re: sony vaio VPCEC1M1E motion eye-webcam driver issues

Check out for the utility disc that you may have been provided with the system that you have purchased. You will get the desired download for the webcamera that you are looking for. So check out and then make the installation. As it is been done you can make things to get executed. I hope it will help you out well and process as needed.

sad Re: sony vaio VPCEC1M1E motion eye-webcam driver issues

Hello,
    sorry to sound like a layperson.....I only received a ´security disk´that allows me to ´repair windows settings´ (no result), to ´reinstall to a previous status´ (which I did with no result but my Kaspersky database was completely upset and it took me hours to get things back on track)....
    I do not understand if the solution has to do with windows settings or the settings(driver) of the specific webcam software.
    cheers,
    Catharina

Basically there is a recovery partition provided in each system and you get disc also with that. If you are using any different cd then I believe that this might not work. Check that you might have some recovery or Windows installation disc. This is given with the laptop. Try to install Windows with that. For the driver go to below Link and get the latest updates. This will also help you if you perform Clean Installation.
    Sony Vaio VPCEC1M1E drivers

Correct. You describe it in a better way. As said, I tried some options without result however. The option to reinstall from scratch is for me a non-option because it is too time-consuming (too brutal)...Thank you for the link of the drivers which I had already received from the Sony helpdesk...but as they said and as I have been desperately looking for, no such driver as for the webcam....I am afraid it is a dead duck.
    cheers
    Catharina