Thread: what is CMOS Checksum Error during the boot time

what is CMOS Checksum Error during the boot time

I am using a system from past three years. But from last two weeks a problem is regularly occurring on my systems i.e. "CMOS Checksum ERROR". Whenever I start the system the problem occurs and it again displays the same error. what steps do I should follow to remove this error. If you have any solution please suggest me.

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Narragansett; 31-08-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Re: Why is CMOS Checksum Error occurring during the boot time

As you are using the system from past three years you can contact to the Computer Engineer for the repairing purpose, if you don’t know the Trouble Shooting properly because this can damage your motherboard. So that if such error occurs on your system for next time you can easily able to sort out the problems by yourself without giving the call to the Engineer's.
    Last edited by Sam.D; 31-08-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Re: what is CMOS Checksum Error during the boot time

The basic Symptoms occur when the “CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR” is found then you have to just start your Desktop PC, at that time the subsequent mistake point will displayed on the Screen i.e. wrong CMOS MEMORY size, WRONG CMOS Checksum, awful CMOS check sum error defaults loaded. Then reinstall the Operating System properly and then start your system.

If this kind of error happen to your system then starts your System. To short out this troubles first thing is to check your RAM (Random Access Memory) if the memory pass the tests try repairing your Operating System, if repair doesn't occur from any reason, remove your Hard Disk from the Cabinet and take it to your friend or any relative those who have the System, then take the back up of the data, and then again reinstall OS and then afterword checks the problems will not occur again.

the same error occured to my system
    i replaced the battery of the mobo,, then my system started working properly,,
    try it
    hope it will work for you also

The actual problem occurred by your system is because of some dust particle present at the down of the battery which placed on the motherboard. To remove this kind of problem from the system you have to just open the cabinet and remove the battery which placed on the motherboard and rub form the eraser. And then you have to just place it on the motherboard as it was and then starts your system.

The ERROR CMOS CHECKSUM is basically occurred by the CMOS BATTERY placed on the motherboard. The only thing is to just change the CMOS Battery from your motherboard and replaced it with the new CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) Battery. Then connect all the lines and wires properly to the motherboard and cabinet and start your system.