Thread: Stream Radio In VLC

Stream Radio In VLC

I have installed VLC player on my windows xp system and because it is ultra lightweight software that can read the audio file and video without codecs. so I try to play a video on the internet, and AC has marvche but then when I tried to listen live skyrock firefox the it was lacking and did not plugins could find. Can someone help me?

Re: Stream Radio In VLC

Once in the VLC, pull down the menu "View" and select "Playlist" or use the key combination [CTRL + P]. To access the online radio, pull down the menu "Manage", choose "Service Discovery" and "Shoutcast". It then remains to be guided. Radio stations are relatively numerous and are classified by type (70s, Ambient, Dance, Electro, etc..).In terms of television online, it will go through the same menu, but clicking on "Shoutcast TV". By cons, this time, the flows are not sorted. It must rely on the names that appear and try them one by one, until you find one you want.

1. Once VLC is installed, and you have your address flow, turn VLC
    2. Go to File> Open Network stream
    3. In the window that opens, go to the tab "Network".
    4. In this tab, first click on "HTTP / HTTPS / FTP / MMS" and then add the fields to the right address of your feed.
    5. Click OK.

Normally, within a few seconds, and if your Internet connection is working properly, you should listen to the radio that you have chosen!

Record your favorite radio stations using VLC command line. To do this simply create a script "scriptradio.sh" which contains the following lines:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh 
    NOW=$(date +”%b-%d-%y”) 

cvlc --run-time=7200 URL-ch-e1 --sout “#duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=raw,dst=/home/<user>/myshow-$NOW.mp3}” vlc://quit ;
    cvlc is the command line version of VLC. run-time-use to indicate the duration of the show in seconds. Replace the url with the link of the radio station of your choice. Replace the dst destination path of the file will be created. Make the script executable:
    Code:
    chmod +x monscript.sh 

crontab -e
    Add the following line, and change <user> with the username of your machine:

Code:
    00 18 * * 06 /home/<user>/recordmyshow.sh

I have noticed one problem that occurs with recent versions of VLC, you need to change an option in the configuration to fix it. Must check the 'Enable parsing of EXTVLCOPT: options' Settings -> Preferences (without checking the settings "advanced" -> Input / Codecs -> Demultiplexers -> Playlist.

Once you have installed VLC then click on 'Media', the navigate to 'Advanced Open File'. Now you have to switch to the 'Network' tab. Copy the link of the radio station which you want to hear then paste it in the Network box on your VLC player. Now you just need to click on the Play button to hear that station.