Thread: Nero 10 PMA update failure

Nero 10 PMA update failure

Whenever i am trying to write a CD or DVD into the LG DVD ROM i am getting the error related to the PMA update failure. I am unable to find the reason for same. I am using the Windows 7 system and getting this issue. If any one is having any solution then please let me know so that i can work around with this and find it working. Thank you.

Re: Nero 10 PMA update failure

I think that there might be problem with the third party application which you have installed into the system of yours and getting the issue with the same. the problem which you are getting is because the every program create it own caches as well as log file which might be conflicting with the Nero. So trying to clear the same from the system and work with the issue.

As per my knowledge the PMA error is related to the driver problem which is causing the issue with the same. I will suggest you to download and install the latest updated driver for the system and then try to use the Nero 10 and see whether the problem still persist or not. I think this will definitely resolve the issue with the same.

The error can also be caused when the disc you are using is not proper and corrupted. I will advise you to check for the disc and if possible for you then buy a new disc which is having the brand name and try to use the same with the system. I hope this will help you out to resolve the issue related to the PMA error.

I think that this is nothing related to the Nero 10, it something faulty going into the DVD ROM only which is not performing the write operation. have you tried using the same DVD ROM into some othe4r system? If not then try the same and see whether another computer is showing the same behavior or not. Hope this will help you.

Install the latest driver for the DVD ROM which you are using. Just get into the device manager and see whether the device manager is having any yellow flag showing onto the computer or not. If it is showing the same then the DVD ROM might be not functioning and you need to install the driver for same. Just right click on listed driver and click on update.