Thread: Recode 10 & BluRay plug-in

Recode 10 & BluRay plug-in

What I want to do is decode the BluRay disc and convert it into some other format. I have heard about the Recode that can do this for me but I do not have much information about it. I only know that this thing can help me to achieve my goal. I have even heard that it contains something like plugin for BluRay that can do this task. Has anyone any kind of information regarding this.

Re: Recode 10 & BluRay plug-in

Nero Recode is just one of the brighter side of the Nero. It allows to recode non-copy-protected DVD movies to DVD or hard drive. While doing so it does not compromises with the quality. Entire DVD can be recoded while retaining the original menus. Recode version 10 contains the blu-ray plug-in. You have not mentioned what the format of the movie you want to try to Recode.

Advanced Access Content System(a standard for content distribution and digital rights management) is really in concerned with BluRay Videos. So, I do not think that there can be any unsecured BluRay Videos. Now one thing that I did not get from your query, BluRay discs are already codec in avc, so, exactly what are you up to?

In order to remove the encryption on my Blu-ray Disc, I am using "DVDFab Passkey". It is a Windows-based driver that works to unprotect encrypted movie DVDs and Blu-ray discs. It can remove all known DVD and Blu-ray protections just in seconds, and allows you to use any software to access unencrypted DVD and Blu-ray disc content. Actually I would like to use Recode to rip them to MP4s for easy streaming.

If I am correct in understanding the AACS then you need to hack your optical drive drivers so that the protection can be removed. You are talking about the Blu-ray Disc. It is an optical disc storage medium designed to take place of the standard DVD format. Its main uses are for storing high-definition video, and other data, with up to 25 GB per single-layered, and 50 GB per dual-layered disc. You really ned to take care while you are dealing with such things. Try it and let me know.

I will for sure take care of this while handling it. The quote that I am receiving from the DVDFab Passkey page is something like this:
    • Remove all DVD copy protections, like CSS, CPRM, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, CORE X2, etc.
    • Remove all known Blu-ray AACS and BD+ copy protections, Region Code, BD-Live and UOPs.

Once Passkey runs I can access and copy files off of the disc, but Recode doesn't recognize the structure of the disc as videos & chapters, etc like it does for DVDs currently.