Thread: Problems with video splitting and aspect ratio

Problems with video splitting and aspect ratio

Right now I am using Nero 9 on my desktop with windows 7 as the only Operating System. Previously I used to use the lower version of Nero and upgraded to version 9 after Windows 7 came in the frame. Nero 9 was working well in the early days but now it has started to give some trouble. It has cause me with some issues of video splitting and with the aspect ratio of the video. The problem comes with the DVD that was burned using Nero 9. Searching for the answers in this context has brought me here. Can anyone here help me come out of this situation?

Re: Problems with video splitting and aspect ratio

It would be really appreciated if you can let us know what did you do exactly? so that we here on this forum can help you come out of this problem. Please do mention the complete Nero version that you are using right now. Right now the amount of information that you have given is not enough. I can not look into this matter right now. Please reply soon.

Thanks for your quick response Raine. Usually for fun I re-edit the videos. I removed all the protection on it using "DVD Region + CSS Free". Now when I used Nero, it sometimes split the program and alternate aspect ratios.Nero has no problem in importing these videos, but while burning it on the DVD there goes the problem. Even the moments are not so fluid. I guess this much information would be sufficient for all you to start.

There you have now mentioned the problem. Actually Nero is much concerned about the protected videos. You must be knowing that burning the protected videos is illegal. I can not give you surety that this will ever work. This even fails to work even if you remove all the protections. Raine, you again failed to mention the complete version of the Nero. In the next post please do mention. Thanks

Yes, I did not mentioned this in the first post, I was aware of the burning protected DVD's, but I use to do it just for fun and nothing else guys. Previously it use to do this without any problem but right now this is proving to be a headache for me. The problem comes up when I use Nero Vision. Recode copies the DVD to DVD without any error but the Vision comes up with hiccuping picture. Now I want to give the versions that you all are talking about Recode is 4.4.40.2 Vision is 6.4.20.1 Burning ROM is 9.4.30. Thanks.

After going through this thread let me ask you one thing have you ever used "Scene Detection" for your previous projects. Depending on how people configure Vision, if they use certain features, they are automatically set as the default from that point on. The description that you gave lead me to believe that you might had used scene detection and it was set as the default. Before importing your video into Make Movie, click on More and then uncheck "Use Time-Coded" at the top of the screen. Now import your files and add to the Timeline. Hope this works. Thanks