Thread: Cannot open FLA file

Cannot open FLA file

Hello,
    I am a Flash Experts, I am in search for a Flash menu. I get the following error Flash_Menu_Labs_open_source.fla open,
    Code:
    Adobe Flash: Unexpected file format
    Flash MX 2004: Failed to open the file
    I want to open the file to change the color of the menu change but I can not. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Cannot open FLA file

Presumably the file with a newer version of Flash has been created. Fla files are not backwards compatible, you can save more than a version lower, but may lose new functionality. Flash files newer versions can not open old. If you actually are working with Flash 5 (the prefix thread) it would be difficult. Not only because of the file version, also because of the version of the scripting language.

If you open the file via the Flash IDE, then on "File -> Open"? For it can be if you want to open the *. fla with a double click, which is an older version of Flash IDE to start taken. Depending on what set to open on your system than by default program for *. fla files. I can open the file with Flash CS5.

There is as yet only explains that one must edit the individual movie clips to the appearance of the menu items for each state (Normal, MouseOver, Selected to change). I guess i am correct here.

To customize graphics we need to open fla file in Flash editor. We see no clips at the main scene. This is because this menu is totally controlled by Action Script and all graphics is in the library. We open library (Ctrl + L) and edit templ_lev0_normal symbol. This symbol is shown by root menu level in normal state.