Thread: Is it illegal to remove DRM?

Is it illegal to remove DRM?

I am having a query regarding the removal of the DRM from the itunes music files. Is it legal to remove the DRM from any of the files. The iTunes Music Store is having some music file which is protected for MP4 with the DRM. So i wanted to remove the DRM and use them outside the itunes. If possible then help me with the proper solution of the same. Thank you.

Re: Is it illegal to remove DRM?

No this is not at all legal to remove the DRM from any of the file as it is copyright protected by the developer and not allow to do the same by any other user. If you are removing the DRM then you are breaching the license which is not legal. If you wanted to know more then go to the iTunes shop and read the term and condition.

Hey thanks for the response of yours which you have given regarding the issue of mine. I have gone through the same and got your point that it is not legal but even if i wanted to remove the DRM of the system then please let me know about the same as i wanted to make the same working with the other music player outside iTunes.

If you wanted to use the same without caring about any term and condition then you can use the Hymn software which will help you to remove the DRM from the itunes supported music file that you are looking for. Hymn is specially made to crack the file from the DRM and make them available to use with other players.

There are lots of other software available which allows the user to remove the DRM protection from the music file. For my use i am using the SoundTaxi software which is having ability to remove the DRM protection from the Music files. Download the SoundTaxi and work with the removal of the DRM. I hope this will work for you.

I am having some of useful post on this forum which is having the detail discussion about the problem that you are talking about. The DRM removal can be easy with help of these thread. Just go through the post and find the working of DRM removal easily. I hope you will like it.
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1181142.htm
    DRM removal software

Aimersoft AlMedia Converter is the nice software which i have used to remove the DRM from lots of the Music file and let me tell you that this is working fine with the removal of the DRM. You can also search on the Google regarding the DRM removal and you will find lots of link to download the software from there.