Thread: AdobeAir installation to Windows 7 64bit

unsure AdobeAir installation to Windows 7 64bit

When I try to upgrade AdobeAir I get a message saying to contact administrator because the upgrade failed. I deleted the program and tried installing it clean and got the same message. I am the only user and administrator on the PC. Adobe is no help at all unless I pay.

Re: AdobeAir installation to Windows 7 64bit

I think you don't meet the system requirements for Adobe Air. Did you referred the adobe site before installing the latest update. Make sure you have 512 MB of ram and at least P4 processor. Other than that I can see nowhere mentioned that Adobe Air supports Windows 7 64 bit and so I doubt.

I have 4gb of Ram and a quad core 1.8ghz processor. Adobe Air was running at an older version and this problem started when I was directed to upgrade. The problem is either with Adobe or MS. It is not a big deal since I only have one application that requires it (Webshots) and I can live without it. It seems that Adobe has the same attitude as MS does and that is "tough" it worked in the lab.

BTW I read the exact same complaint on anothe blog.

angry Re: AdobeAir installation to Windows 7 64bit

As a free software program it is almost worth the price. The problem is that all the developers use it and the users are left to wonder why it doesn't load. It will be nice if the PC world ever grows up into an adult run business. If I had suppled the level of support that most PC software companies provide I would not have worked long enough to retire.

To create Adobe AIR applications, you will need the SDK. It is available here . To read a file. Air, it is necessary to have Adobe AIR runtime installed on their machine. Many web developers excel in their field, but have never touched a single line of code in a language like C + +, for example. A big advantage of AIR is that now you no longer need to learn a new language for creating a desktop application.

angry Re: AdobeAir installation to Windows 7 64bit

I am not trying to create AdobeAir Aps. I retired fropm programming 2 years ago and am not ready to learn a whole new language yet. All I am trying to do is to load AdobeAir so Webshots works. As stated earlier, I keep getting an Administrator needed error. My computer is big enough and fast enough and powerful enough since the original version worked. It went south when I tried updating and couldn't and it was recommended that I remove the old version and do a clean install which gave me the same indications. I was online with someone name Amrun from Adobe and was told to submit a ticket. After looking for about 15 minutes and getting caught in web circle hell I gave up. Like I said, the level of support for PC Apps leaves much to be desired. Adobe support is just indicative of this. Thanks for the reply though.