Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

In need of a COMPUTER GENIUS.

Windows Software

Old 24-08-2010

In need of a COMPUTER GENIUS.

Hi all.

I think I really need a genius to explain this for me... Also, if you help me solve this problem, I will be eternally grateful!!

I have a Toshiba Equium M70. It has windows XP on it.

I tried turning it onthe other day and got a blue screen just before log on that I can go nowhere from.

I basically can't get on my computer at all.

Under Technical Information on the Blue Screen I get:

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x3280043C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x862A8C3F)

I can get into safe mode, but I can't access my internet, Itunes or any programs really.

I ran AVGfree and Spybot Search and Destroy virus scans and they came up with nothing.

I can't really afford to buy a new laptop or get it repaired right now...

Does anybody have any idea what I can do to solve this problem? Anything you say to me will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would really appreciate answers in as basic terms as possible, as I am somewhat of a computer amateur!

Thanks in advance!

Old 25-08-2010

Re: In need of a COMPUTER GENIUS.

What is the SP? This problem occurs if the OHCI endpoint is unable to find the transfer descriptor in the list. It may be the problem of the service pack that you have and you may need to install the latest service pack. If you have SP3 then reinstall it once again.
Old 25-08-2010

Gunilla, thanks for the speedy reply.

I have no idea what the service pack is. I really am a computer amateur. Where would I be able to obtain the SP3 that you talk about? Would this resolve the problem I am currently experiencing?

Had a little look. I'm on Microsoft Windows xp, home edition, version 2002, service pack 3.
Old 25-08-2010

Re: In need of a COMPUTER GENIUS.

On a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer that is using certain network adapter drivers and certain host firewall software, you may receive a Stop 0xD1 error message. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 916595 package now.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , , ,