Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-08-2010

Med-V Error at "Initializing Communication With the Workspace"

Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V). I am having problem with setting up MED-V. I want to set up my MED- V in my environment. Actually, MED-V server was set, and everything was working fine, till an image was downloaded from the server by me. It hangs up saying "Initializing communication with the workspace.". As sysprep was run on the image, it continues to run through the setup script. The setup script includes:
  • renaming the workstation.
  • joining the domain
  • disabling auto logon
but as soon as it tries to start it hangs again. I left it for say 20hrs and it eventually poped out saying sbout failed handshake.
Old 24-08-2010

Re: Med-V Error at "Initializing Communication With the Workspace"

tREYTON, in order to answer to your query let me first ask you some questions so that later I can give you the solution or some suggestion. I think before proceeding you should have a look for this things for sure.
  1. Are you sure that the workstation was joined to the domain?
  2. Was the communication testing performed?
  3. Are you able to check the IP address on the client? This is important in order to make sure that the IP address was set properly.
In addition to the above questions you can also do one thing, you can test this without joining the domain and then let me know?
Old 24-08-2010

I am also facing the same problem. The details of the errors that I am receiving in the Workspace Setup dialog are as follows:
  • Workspace image being imported
  • System requirements being verified
  • Preparing for Workspace setup
  • Workspace being renamed
  • Restarting Windows in Workspace
  • Joining domain 'my.domain'
  • Windows auto-logon being disabled
  • Restarting Windows to complete Workspace setup
  • Initializing the Workspace
  • Initializing communication with Workspace.
Time taken from workspace startup to Initializing communication: 17 minutes
Time from when Initializing communications has been running: 22 minutes and counting
I have checked for the connection of the virtual machine, it joined the domain correctly as it was mentioned in the script editor, but inspite of that I am reeving the error.
Old 24-08-2010

I was looking in this thread and I thought that I can add some fire to this discussion. The error that you all are facing may be because of the possibilities:
  • Inside the Virtual Machine Image the MED-V Workspace must have not be installed.
  • In order to communicate with the MED-V workspace service the MED-V client needs more time to communicate on the host. There is a need for more memory to be allocated to the Guest Virtual Machine. Workspace Policy can be brought into play in order to control this.
Old 28-08-2010

If the workspace is not installed in the Virtual Machine image, prior to the deployment, then the need of installing it inside the guest operating system arises. In order to test the images, the image will be tested against new base image that contains installed workspace binaries. The need for adjusting the memory may also be felt that is allocated by the MED -V client to the virtual machine. Within the workspace policy this thing can be configured.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,