Thread: Office 2010 Pre-built App-V package

Office 2010 Pre-built App-V package

I was working with the Microsoft Application Virtualization which is commonly known as App-V. I got some guidance that said, Add Office 2010 to the App-V content folder. What I am trying to do is, I am testing streaming down to a client. This worked, however when the Office application launches the following error appears which says that there is an issue with the license and Microsoft Office will need to close it. It also says that if the problem persists then uninstall/reinstall your product. I do not want to do that for of-course. Is there some other way round for this?

Re: Office 2010 Pre-built App-V package

Yes, there are some other way that you can try. You can go with implementing the Key Management Services(KMS). You can also go for sequencing the version of 2010, but this will really take too long. I have something more in this context, you can install the Microsoft Office 2010 Deployment Kit for App-V which is required for the sequencing. It can also be used for deploying Office 2010 with Microsoft Application Virtualization. The components that are required for the Office license activation are also included in this kit. Install this, and once you are finished with it let me know.

Yes Glenny, what you said was absolutely true. I think that there is no alternative for this other than yours. I totally agree with what you just mentioned "...sequencing the version of 2010, but this will really take too long..." but went for it . I have installed the "Microsoft Office 2010 Deployment Kit for App-V" that was mentioned earlier.Now I am waiting for your reply, in order to go further. Hope that this may really come out with success.

Microsoft Application Virtualization (MS App-V) allows the applications on any client on client machine to be deployed without wasting much time. The need for the local installation of the application is removed by MS App-V. What is needed is to install the MS App-V. On the virtual application server all the application data are stored permanently. After you have installed the kit you just need to activate the host. You can activate the host using Key Management Service (KMS). Go and get your work done.

Thank you everyone on this forum. The trick really worked for me. First I tried it without activating the host but soon felt the need of activating. I even tried activating it with the MAK, but it did not work. After that I tried using the KMS luckily it did the trick. Now it is working fine.