Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-08-2010

Playback problem with EMC 10

I've created a video with Roxio's Easy Media Creator 10. Before burning, I suspended my MozyHome backup program, Ad-Aware, Avast anti-virus, and Advanced System Care. I then burned it as a VCD on a Sony CR-R, as the program recommends.

In playback through my DVD player, it hesitates 12-15 times during the 75 minute show, causing the music and segments of the video to be totally out of sync. Same thing happens when I play it back on my computer.

What could be the problem?
P.S. Windows XP
Old 25-08-2010

Re: Playback problem with EMC 10

I think that this problem is related to your computer performance CPU speed and the size of RAM. Low frames per second video need a lot of work to be converted and a big RAM is a must. A decent RAM is around 1 gb, better a 2 GB can also speed up the limit. Pinnacle Studio or Roxio Easy Creator limit the speed of CPU at 1.5 Ghz so as you see is more a budget problem than a technical one.
Old 25-08-2010

Thank you for your response, Expertz. I've known for some time that I need more RAM for these projects and will be getting a new computer one of these days.

Last night I played my DVD on a neighbor's player, and it played perfectly, so it looks like I'm in the market for a new DVD player, as well.

Again, thank you for responding.
Old 25-08-2010

What is current computer specifications? Personally I?ve used WinAVI video converter for a long time. It works very well at all times.So i want to commend it.It can convert all video formats to AVI/WMV/RM/ASF/Divx/Xvid.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,