Thread: Can't install Virtual PC (KB958599) Windows 7 Professional

Can't install Virtual PC (KB958599) Windows 7 Professional

I have tried to install Virtual PC Update on my new laptop(Fujitsu 5010) it is having Windows 7 Professional running in it. Whenever I try to install it first loads and after some time it gives me an error saying that "Failed" and after this it displays "The following updates were not installed" and then lists KB958599. I spent a lots of hours working on it but did not come with the solution. I have tried each and every possible solution from various threads but nothing worked.Can I get some help here?

Re: Can't install Virtual PC (KB958599) Windows 7 Professional

You can try for running "Repair Install" the Windows 7. After this, you are for sure going to install what you want. I tried doing this and was happy to see Virtual PC and XP mode getting install. I guess you should also be able to get it done without any errors or problems. If you try it you can save your lots of time. Try it and let me know it. Repair Install is not "In-Place Upgrade" in Windows 7.

Thanks a lot Dwarner for your valuable advice. Actually, I have installed the Virtual PC Update many times with the other models of the Fujitsu laptops but I am finding difficulties with this models. Now I will try for your advice and see for it to come with flying colors. I am thinking, why I did not get this into my head first, I would have saved a lot of time. Thanks a lot again....

You can ask the Customer and Technical Support to correct the problem with your computer. After all you paid the amount for this to Fujitsu. I thought of suggesting this to you because, you have mentioned that you have installed the Virtual PC Update many times on the other models of Fujitsu. Therefore, I guess that, there's something that Fujitsu should look for in this matter. Give it a go after all your money should be valued.

Drawner, thanks again for your advice. I was able to install Virtual PC and XP Mode without any problems in my new model of Fujitsu(Fujitsu 5010), without any problems or issues. It was brilliant from your side giving me this idea. I was also happy to get a chance of experiencing "Repair Install" in Windows 7. I am now really happy that at last I got it solved