Thread: Hyper-V Network connection dies randomly

Hyper-V Network connection dies randomly

I have a server hosted by OVH which is Windows 2008 R2 DataCenter and that I want to implement Hyper -V. In fact , I use 4 / 5 VM in a first time to ride my projects. Lacking the innate knowledge networks at the protocol and after spending several hours on the net to find information on the operation of Hyper -V , I realized that my server was a minor detail that could be incompatible with Hyper - V. Indeed , it contains only one NIC. I'm looking right and left , everyone said that two is better , but it is possible with a single NIC ! . I would like to have confirmation and especially know how. Do you have somewhere , explaining the implementation of Hyper -V on a single network card because my Hyper-V Network connection dies randomly.

Re: Hyper-V Network connection dies randomly

You can use a carefree NIC on your server , usually it is best 2 cards , one for your VMs and the other for administration of the host. It depends on the projects you lead , if they are not dedicated to the production with users , it will not cause worries.There is not a particular installation with HyperV depending on whether you use a card or more .

You change the settings of your network card ( when creating a vswitch ). Bad luck you make a mistake manip ( ex : you untick the box for communication with the host ) .You just lost the connection to your server ... More of a shame , it is in a data center to the other side. The first thing to do is verify that the IP configuration of each device is correct (router freebox server etc ... ) (Calculation of subnets , masks , etc.), Then you throw ping each intermediate equipment to detect from where AC can not pass ! The command "tracert "is also a good way to know what place to a problem.

The installation of Hyper V is based on a class C network : 192.168.5.XXX
    The installation of this type of company is the:
    Freebox == > connected ==> Router
    Router == > connected ==> Switch
    From the switch the machine Hyper -V is cool! On this we have a switch and a NAS external HD.

If you open the network connections of Windows Server , you will see a network adapter, The structure of Windows Server 2008 before installing Hyper - V. After installing Hyper - V, the parent partition ( host system ) uses a virtual network adapter that connects to the physical network via the physical map. So we see two network cards in the network properties of the parent partition. the child system also uses a virtual card.

Go into network connections , select your usual login ( usually it is called " Local Area Connection " ) and virtual connection created earlier, then click the right mouse button (you must select the 2 together ) , and in the context menu click on " connecting bridge " , this will create a bridge between two network connections (basically it will give the connection a virtual interface ) .