Thread: Sign in issue with MS Office Communicator 2007

Sign in issue with MS Office Communicator 2007

I am always getting an error whenever I am attempting to sign with the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007. The error I am getting says like this "The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If problem continues, contact your service administrator". I tried a lot of solutions, tried different users advice but ran without success. I even tried the re-installation of the MS Office Communicator 2007 and was unsuccessful.

Re: Sign in issue with MS Office Communicator 2007

I would suggest you to contact the Support via the Administration for the assistance. Also check for your SIP address. Your SIP address should be updated to match your login. I guess this could be the possible error in your case. Do, check and make sure that the services are enabled in the Administration Center and the Communicator is configured by sign-in client. This is true, because, if the SIP address does not get updated within 2hrs, there is a script that runs all the time to see for this.

You probably are not going with the basics of the Communicator or you are not thorough with it. Actually, Communicator 2007 is configured by the System Administrator for you. Th problem may be that the administrator must have not configured the Communicator 2007 to start automatically when you get log-in to Windows. In order to start the communicator, when you get log-in, automatically try the following things.
    • Click on the Start.
    • Then go to All Programs
    • Then click on the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007.
    • Now, you have to verify the user name, in the Office Communicator, enter your password and then click Sign In.
    • After all the above steps, click the Menu button in the Office Communicator Title Bar.
    • Then click on the Tools.
    • Then click on the Options.
    • Finally select the Automatically start Communicator.

This all should help you a lot.

For the very first time when Communicator 2007 is installed, it is usually configured by your system administrator for you. It could be the possible reason that you are unable to login. If you get an error message while login you can follow the steps below, and if it does not work you can contact your system administrator:

1. First of all check your sign-in address, user name, and password.
    2. If appropriate, also check the advanced account settings.
    3. For detailed information of the error you can view the Windows event log and then provide that information to your administrator.

I do not have much longer solutions. I believe in giving the best possible and short solutions.You have a problem while logging. So, you can log-in by taking this simple steps.First of all go to the Communication Title bar, then click on the Menu button.After this go to the Tools and click on the Options. Then click the General tab. Now under the Options, select Logging optons you would prefer.

In order to enable logging, the only criteria I know is that, you should be from the local performance log users group. In order to troubleshoot the sign-in problems in the Communicator 2007, the Office Communicator 2007 gives the logging options.1) Turn on logging in Communicator and 2) Turn on Windows Event Logging for Communicator. The first one can be can be enabled in order to create a log-file. The log file contains information about the interaction between Office Communicator 2007 and Office Communications Server 2007.