Thread: ODBC architecture mismatch

ODBC architecture mismatch

I am facing certain issue in my Windows 7 system while configure a database. I found a new error first shying that DSN failed. And that had happened due to mismatch architecture. I am using Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. I am looking for simple fix for this but not able to locate the same. Does anyone face similar issue for the same. What are your recommendations.

Re: ODBC architecture mismatch

Once you have successfully installed a ODBC driver then you must need to define the data sources for the same to function properly. The DSN must give a unique description of the ODBC driver which is installed in the system. In the System DSN tab at first the user and then the system data resources is defined for the drivers which are installed. You might need to look in File DSN tab for the directory.

Here in my setup I have SQL Server 2008 Express and customers Access 2000 VBA. I had configured the ODBC links to my client using the routine Build_System DSN. So far, so good, ODBC links are created correctly. The problem is that some client box where I got issue with determining the port dynamically. This option is checked, and the connection fails. If I untick manually set the port to 1433 connection results. But I avoid passing on all my client.

On a machine, you can have 0 or 1 default instance, that is to say unnamed and 0, 1 or more named instances. The default instance - if it is present - normally uses port 1433 and other instances - named instances - use a dynamically allocated port which must be specified in the connection string or is found by the SQL Server Browser Service if it is enabled, the UDP port 1434 is free and you have more precise name of the named instance in the connection string.

If you do not have a default instance (unnamed) and a single named instance, I believe that this single named instance the port will 1433 in place of the unnamed instance but even in this case, you must specify the port or use the SQL Server Browser Service + to the name for instance in the connection string. Is this installation of SQL Server is the default instance or is a named instance and if so, specify the name you for instance after the server address.

ODBC allows a client to connect to a database by declaring a data source (typically a database) in the ODBC manager (commonly known as a director of ODBC data source). The data source can be either a database file that Access, Excel or even a file. Administrator ODBC data source (sometimes called ODBC32 bit), available in the Control Panel, declares the type of data it is possible to access and assign a name. The System DSN tab allows you to see the list of DSN already installed on the system.

Create the data (create one or more tables in a database or create an Excel or Access) and then install the ODBC driver for the database if it is not installed by default on the Data Source Administrator. Establish connection ODBC System DSN tab of the Data Source Administrator, click on Add and then choose the type of driver to use. The administrator of data source name will then ask to be assigned to the data sourc. This re-setup can fix your issue.