Thread: Firefox 3 - high CPU load on some sites

Firefox 3 - high CPU load on some sites

Hello,
    I noticed that some websites with firefox 3 burden the CPU with about 95%, other pages load the CPU with only about 15-25%. I open the same web pages in firefox generate high CPU load with the ie7 everything is okay. My system: FSC Lifebook 6120, centrino 1400MHz, 1024 MB RAM, Windows XP SP3 prof. The same effect occurs as above described with similar values but also on my PC celeron 3GHz 1024MB RAM Wind.XP Home SP3. Does anyone have a tip about what is the cause of this behavior and may make solutions? Thank you!

Re: Firefox 3 - high CPU load on some sites

The WDR-side I can confirm this behavior, for me the CPU load goes to 80%. The behavior is probably caused by active JavaScript (through the banner on the page?). If you disable JavaScript in the FX3, delete the cache and then the side callest without active JavaScript will include the banner does not load and CPU load is very low. (Probably what is probably permanently recharged by the banner?) Use the time extension NoScript, so can you just allow the sides of Java and JavaScript, which you would, all others are flat.

I have followed your advice and no script installed. Now does the WDR site only has one processor load in the single digits. I have very less knowledge about this, please explain me in details. Thank you for your help.

Although my freaky hardcore gaming system of any speed issues raised, it also shows at 100%. Obviously the script has a low priority. The calculator does not lose its responsiveness. Seen in this way does not hurt the processor load. Other hand, the WDR should reflect on the programming of its page. It just makes a bad impression. Why do some programming, the other with noscript then off again? nosrcipt the way, I can also recommend. There are plenty of sites that the processor can not rotate, but any amount of unwanted run for it.

I have in the standard mode is still the Firefox run and no problems, although scripts are allowed for WDR complete, it fluctuates 2-7%, and when switching sides, it is ever short 30%. When FF 3.0 I have not looked, but I feel that is faster. The reasons for high CPU load off my website Why it should be due to the scripts? Is there an explanation?

I can confirm. Although I no longer FF2 because FF3 darĂ¼berinstalliert, but for Microsoft, I have the IE7. And since it behaves as described. It must therefore be linked with the new Gecko rendering engine. Nevertheless, the WDR should review its scripts. Maybe even help the developers of FF. I have tried again with Firefox and removed under Tools | Options | Content the check mark in Java. Nevertheless, does the high CPU load. Then I've re-enabled Java and Javascript disabled. The only difference is that the marquee does not work anymore. Nevertheless, one can "hear WDR2" button. The program can also play with the VLC player. Then the processor load 4-5% ranges in IE7 with WDR2 page in the background, the Firefox for editing in the VLC forum and radio program in the background. Finally, I have Javascript turned on and updated with f5 WDR2. Then, the CPU usage increases to 100%. But only for a limited time. They then leveling off at 8-13%. The radio program will continue undisturbed, however. Even the spelling correction of the normal Firefox responds quickly.

I have the problem with the high CPU load even it is identified. The page I have set as home page. The whole thing is I really only noticed the fact that the CPU fan turns on very frequently at high speed. Maybe my laptop is 1.4 GHz so not quite relevant? When I use firefox still problem is not that I noticed, however, ambient temperature then was not even the so summery.