Thread: HP MediaSmart Server is Dead - Blinking Blue Health Light

HP MediaSmart Server is Dead - Blinking Blue Health Light

I am running with the server since launch and never got any issues with this . Today I am unable to access this from any of the machines. I have figured this out that the health light is blinking blue. Started to fix this , I have just eliminated anything on the network being a issue , even changed the Ethernet cable, tried to go with the recovery procedure , but even the recovery software seems unable to find the server -- there is nothing getting changed, like a firewall blocking access, and so many things . Any suggestion would be appreciated ?

Re: HP MediaSmart Server is Dead - Blinking Blue Health Light

Hi dude,
    Have you tried to go for the reconfiguration of the server - Use the power button on the another end of the server - the health light should begin the blinking. If it is not going in this way and nothing happens then you could force the server to restart by holding down the power button for at least four seconds (Force shut down).One more thing , the lights 'blink' in a sequence, this sequence got hanged based on the possible error.

I am getting same problem...fortunately my entire data placed on other three drives . I have launched the Server Recovery several times and goes properly, MSS restarts but Connector Setup got unable to find the server. When I disconnected the HD within the drive 1 (with the server software) and then on other hand connect the same with Apricorn DriveWire through the USB to my computer system , all the files are placed there, the server software is also seems at that place .

Turns out in my situation and the system with a blinking health light is performing a chkdsk command and can consumes little bit time based on the capacity of the drive on my machine had all blue lights solid, we are able to ping the server - we could not retrieve through the console or rdp and had to switch this off. No one waited long enough during startup but, I let this move for about 20 minutes and all the lights reflected as normal !
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600