Thread: Can't Backup - 0x8007045D Error

Can't Backup - 0x8007045D Error

I have been backing up Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for near about one month without any issues and yesterday I received the error message following . I used to disable and enable the system restore onto the drive C, but I still receiving the same error for the manual and automatic backup procedure. Could someone give anymore suggestion regarding the same ?

Backup of volume C: to PEGASUS failed: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007045D): The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045D)
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Common.Client.Win32.ThrowLastError()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.NTFS.VolumeBuffer.EndRead()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.NTFS.ClusterBitMapReader.Next()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.BackupOp.BackupOperation.DoClusterPass1()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.BackupOp.BackupOperation.RunWithoutCatch()
    at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.BackupOp.BackupOperation.Run()

Re: Can't Backup - 0x8007045D Error

There have to make some internal changes and then you can go fine without any issues , It can be recognized as the issues within the system. Please, you have to check out the event log on the client side for associated error messages.Maybe, this is enough to come up with a command prompt but that should be executed as "Run as Administrator" and execute the following command in the terminal :

Code:
    chkdsk /r
    Against the drive, for which the backup got failed.

hi guys ! I am also running with the same issue here in the same background. And this issue got occurred after about 30 proper and reliable operation of Windows Vista and 5 Windows 7 backups. Previously, it was going better without any issues but suddenly every backup getting failed and I could not search out any solution for this . However, your suggestion moved great. Thank you very much!!

I have been working with the HP MediaSmart Home Server for near about a year and a half . The backup properties declared going fine without any issues and I have used the same two times to perform the recovery of computer system (one had a failed hard disk on a laptop with the Windows XP 32bit, on second one , a desktop computer after an issue regarding the installation of newest service pack for Windows Vista 32bit). I got another third computer system (desktop) with the widnows Vista 64bit and that is also going on without any issues . I have just come up with a laptop (second laptop, fourth machine) to my network and configuration with the Home Sever, ...it is with Windows 7 64 bit. It has been backing up properly for the past three weeks, however for the past eight days, it got failed in the same way. "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045D)".

File and file system damage can have different causes - besides those reasons by faulty memory or hardware that you may have them after an application got crashed or an unexpected prevention of the operating system, while just write process was done onto the disk/file.

I am also running with the backup related issues . I am limited regarding the computer experience . I have just done the up-gradation from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 on an HP Media Center and I am actually moving to go for the backup. I was able to generate the system repair disk onto a DVD and to perform an system image backup of both the drives named as C and D (HP recovery drive) into the Drive E. When I move to take the backup to my dvd, drive F, the system first stated that the disk should be formatted, then executed for a while and stated that the backup failed. It occurred this error number as the cause.