Thread: Action center can't turn on windows firewall

Action center can't turn on windows firewall

Hi guys ,

I am getting some issues on my windows system with the error message and I am unable to find the reason of this issue which is getting redirected from the firewall settings . I Just got this error message from the action center "Action center can't turn on windows firewall" . I also have tried to switch this on with the manual procedure but I received the error message as " Windows firewall can't change some of your setting error code 0x80070422 "

What the heck is this , Anyone got this issue before if so please suggest me something ..

Re: Action center can't turn on windows firewall

There are some helpful tools and commands are available from the windows . I would like to advice you to execute the Services.msc and make enable the Windows Firewall properties, or if you can turn off and then after go to enable them again . If it is not looking feasible for you to work upon this , you can also go to disable the third party antivirus program and the firewall, then after turn on the specified Windows Firewall once again.

This is the procedure to reset the settings for the Windows Firewall when running with the Windows XP SP2. There are scenarios where-in you require to perform the reset operation of your declared Windows Firewall configuration, after cleaning out a Trojan etc. The reset operation for the Windows Firewall, sets the configuration to factory defaults by cleaning entire programs / port / exceptions configurations.

For resetting the Windows Firewall to the factory default state, just go with the procedure suggested below :

• Type the firewall.cpl into the Run box after making click on the start menu.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Click onto the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click on the Yes option to go ahead when you get this dialog

I have had windows 7 for near about three months currently and I have recently decided to turn on my firewall (received the weired message when gaming), By the way, when I moved to made enable the same with the windows action center, it states that "Action Center can't turn on Windows Firewall". it prompted me for an option to make it enable with the manual way but when I move into the firewall configurations, the only option I found there tagged as "Use recommended settings". I clicked on this but there is nothing going on.

I recently performed the installation of Windows 7 upgrade. Now, I got the issues with the firewall configuration . It is requiring that the firewall in not Activated and prompts me to work with the appropriate settings. When I click on the message "Windows firewall can't change some of your settings Error code 0x80070422". I received the same error message when trying to on the Windows Defender. I have installed the Mcafee virus scan plus (with firewall) before without any prior issues.

I have unistalled the Mcafee Virus scan plus and associated Mcafee program. After the upgrade and searching that I didn't got any firewall, I made the reinstallation of Mcafee (with firewall). Any suggestion and solutions regarding this ..

Go through the below suggested steps and update the system:

1. Click onto the Start menu and type Notepad in the run specified box, and then after click onto the Notepad within the Programs list.

2. Copy the below suggested text, and then paste the contents within the Notepad:

sc config wuauserv start= auto
    sc config bits start= auto
    sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
    net stop wuauserv
    net start wuauserv
    net stop bits
    net start bits
    net start DcomLaunch