Thread: Windows 7 Jump list problems

Windows 7 Jump list problems

The started tasks and recent components tagged on my Jumplist menus suddenly stopped functioning on the taskbar except explorer. I made a right-click on the pinned icon came up with the jump lists and they are covered up with the proper and recently used components and tasks specified , however left clicking on some other components within the Jump list different than the "Pin to taskbar" and "close all windows" easily closes down the Jumplist and has no such type of effect .

Re: Windows 7 Jump list problems

Try to go with the suggestions specified below and find out if the problem can be solved :

1. Download the file suggested as ShellExView v1.41 from the internet.
    2. Right-click on the "shexview.zip" file, choose "Extract All", the unzip Wizard will come up.
    3. Click on the Next button , issue the "C:\ShellExView" (without quotation marks) in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" textbox.
    4. Then after click on the Next button and then after finish.
    5. Open up the "C:\ShellExView" directory and make double-click on the "shexview.exe" file. It will perform the scanning of registry for entire shell extensions.
    6. Choose entire non-Microsoft extensions in the pink using "Ctrl" in the keyboard.
    7. Click on the "Disable Selected Items" tagged with the toolbar and then click on the Yes button to finish the procedure .
    8. Reboot the machine and check out if the problem got fixed .

Thanks for the suggestion . I have disabled the entire third party shell extensions and restarting immediately restored the jump lists' functionality finished. After making enable the shell extensions randomly and restarting to end out which ones were making it disable the jump list. I have figured out that the a-squared free shell extension was main root of my issues.

For those that view such discussion and do not need the hassle of going for the restart procedure 27 times, There are so many third party shell extensions are installed on my system and that didn't affect the jump lists.

I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 7 Pro plus with my entire applicable software (Office 2007 and so many things ) on my Dell Laptop without any single problem and error messages . Previously, I have installed Windows Vista home premium..

Had this installed now for four days and really seeming as the latest features. Especially the much improved taskbar. After all , jump lists do not assumes to be functioning properly ! When I make the right click onto the taskbar icon like word or excel, it will only display the last document that I had open. Someone here have any suggestion about this ?

I was having the same problem where I would open the document within the Excel 2007 but the file would not be associated with the current history. However I have seemed to remedy such type of issue by going through the repair option .

1- Click on the Start menu and then after go for Control Panel.
    2- If you are working in the Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7 environment then go for the following steps :
    3- Click on the Programs and then after click on the Uninstall a Program option.
    4- Click the specified name of the Microsoft Office <var>Edition</var> 2007 that you need to change and then after click on the Change option.
    5- Click on the Repair option and then after click Continue to go ahead.