Thread: Windows Live Sync beta blends the best of Sync and Mesh

Windows Live Sync beta blends the best of Sync and Mesh

As the majority of you have seen, we've launched the Windows Live Essentials today! This contains the new Live Sync which is developed on the Mesh technology. If you are a existing Mesh consumer, here's a huge FAQ on which's modified, what happened and where things are if you are swapping to the fresh Live Sync.

Several of the important stuff though!

Quicker Remote Desktop through zoom/pan and main upgrade to numerous monitor support!
    better Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file synchronization
    A fresh web interface included through the respite of Windows Live
    Rapid click for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office application settings/favorites synced crosswise devices.
    Easy user interface
    You can get 2GB of online storage space
    There are support for just Windows 7, Windows Vista with SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and later
    For additional details on the what, how and why things modified and different information please confirm to read the FAQ

Q: How is the new Sync different from Live Mesh beta?

A: The latest Windows Live Sync will be the initial edition of Sync to contain Live Mesh technology. But, there are a few dissimilarities between the latest Sync and Live Mesh beta, include:

• This will offers you quicker remote desktop through zoom
    • Enhanced peer-to-peer (P2P) file synchronization
    • A latest web interface incorporated through rest of Windows Live
    • Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office application settings can be synchronized across computers
    • Easy user interface
    • You can get the 2 GB of online storage for synced directories
    • This will also support for only Windows 7, Windows Vista through SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and later

Re: Windows Live Sync beta blends the best of Sync and Mesh

Commiseration to the Mesh team... It appears Live Sync Beta is just a gimped edition of what Mesh was, and was able of. Especially, appears the scale of the "Simplified user interface" 'difference' has been a lot modest.

At this point, I as well suggest people do not shift to the latest Live Sync Beta -- it's not worth uninstalling Live Mesh (and following synced folders) to utilize
    Live Sync Beta.

How long can I utilize the unique Live Mesh Beta previous to it's shut down?

I haven't had a possibility to play through the beta expansively, however I know which various will miss what Live Mesh was. As a user of Live Sync, although I like what it has turn into. Since the structural design is it seems that Live Mesh, one can just hope which the future will grasp extra advancements to advance the service.

I'm just worried regarding how they are departing to transport updates. I denote, yes they will utilize Windows Update, however the period between updates? Whilst Mesh had super-long spaces between any sign of life, minimum it was self-determining in retrieve updates for the product. With anticipation Live Sync Beta obtains the similar treatment, though I'm uncertain.