Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Excel 2007 Live Taskbar Preview not available

Windows Software

Old 17-08-2010

Excel 2007 Live Taskbar Preview not available

I have the retail version of Windows 7 (32bit). When I have many excel & powerpoint files open the taskbar preview only shows a blank window and a small icon in the middle. Also, moving my mouse over the thumbnail preview does not bring the window to the front? I can add or change to build this job. I for all time have multiple files open and I feel affection for this characteristic. Live preview works on all other Office programs, and other applications, just not Excel. In the Options in Excel "Enable Live Preview" is checked. Does anybody have any idea what else to ensure?

Last edited by Pugsly : 17-08-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 17-08-2010

Re: Excel 2007 Live Taskbar Preview not available

Let us me add that this is when we have many files open in one "instance" of Excel. If we launch Excel separately and have two instances of the program open...I get the previews...but if we open up files from inside Excel...nothing... we suspect something else also but provide those two things a try first then let us know how it goesPost back with the results,this is the tools through which we can find out a few solutions regarding trouble.
Old 17-08-2010

If we open more than x files , thee the taskbar thumbnail preview becomes blank and only show the program iconIt just defeat the purpose of this feature in Win 7. The most surprising aspect is that it happens with Office, which should be the first applicaiton to work correctly with this feature. We have had this issue since RC and RTM has not fixed it on 3 of my 7 machines. Afet using Office 2007 on various hardware with 7 ultimate.This is surely a bug ...
Old 17-08-2010

It can be stopped over by one of the users having the issue. It noticed that something new when we were trying the safe mode suggestion. When we are going to open a newblank spreadsheet in Excel 2007, usually or in safe mode the Live Preview works fine. It is not until we open up an existing Excel document that Live Preview stops working. We try creating a new profile, it will update with results.
Old 17-08-2010

If we are getting problem with the excel 2007,thw page is disabled,nothing seems then there is some steps,which should follow us ,is given bellow..
• Click on Microsoft Office Button ,and then choose Excel Options.
• And then click Add-Ins.
• In Add-ins box, it is identify the add-in that you want to enable or disable and note the Add-in type situated in the Type column.
• choose Add-in type in the Manage box and then click Go.
• In the last choose or clear the check box for the Add-in that you want enable or disable and then OK.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,