Thread: Selected Item in Context Menu stays visible forever

Selected Item in Context Menu stays visible forever

I am running with the issues since Beta version installed . I avoided this in the Beta, but currently I am running with the same in the released version as well.I have done the follwoing :

1) Make a right-click to come up with the context menu (it doesn't the situation that what you are performing the application you are working with. I have had this happened wirthin the Visual Studio 2008, VS2010B2, IE8, and Word 2007).
    2) Click on the specified component from the context menu.
    3) The item displays choose .
    4) The context menu moves invisible.
    5) The selected compoennt does not.

Re: Selected Item in Context Menu stays visible forever

I am also suffering with the same issue much before but I don't know on which one operating system, you are working currently but I suffered with this issue on windows XP machine and it was looking difficult at that time but solved . I have got this to be occurred (never really figured this down, I commonly just avoided this until I was able to go for the restart and get on with my day).

Just out of curiosity, do you have Aero (Transparency and effects) enabled?I hope, it can be helpful for you !!!!

I need to ask something from you that would be helpful for me to sole this out . Would you tell me, what is the actually model of your graphic card and your compute system ?

Does the same problem got generated just after moving to the windows 7 RTM ? If you will move to the situation of the symptom, it is same as to the slightly screen crash. I would advice you to go for the installation of recently released graphic card driver.

Move to the device manager=>right click onto the graphic card=>properties=>update the driver software. It will solve this issue generated ..

This way will make this disable from loading the program or service from
    the start up to ignore the conflict

1. Just make a click on the "Start" menu and type "msconfig" in the run box.
    2. Click onto the "Services" tab, find the status of "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click onto the "Disable All" (if it's not gray).
    3. Click on the "Startup" tab and then after "Disable All" and "OK" to save the changes .
    4. Click on the "OK" button to reboot the machine for going into the Selective Startup environment.
    5. When the "System Configuration Utility" window would be poped up , please find the status as the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and then OK to save the changes .
    6. Check whether or not the issue still getting displayed within the current environment.

Windows XP Pro Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : Service Pack 3)

C:\windows\explorer.exe 6.00.2900.5512(xpsp.080413-2105)

Always comes up when going to do first Shift+F10 or making right mouse click on to the selected components to come up its context menu. For recovery procedure , go for the Task Manager to terminate the active application window session. Then starting Windows Explorer will commonly move into the feasible manner. If the hang occurs onto the desktop, come up with the Task Manager, terminate the explorer.exe process and then after launch the C:\windows\explorer.exe to reboot the desktop. Issue came up seems related with the initial startup for the explorer.exe, as the recovery steps commonly wipes up the problemWindows XP Pro Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : Service Pack 3)

C:\windows\explorer.exe 6.00.2900.5512(xpsp.080413-2105)

Always happens when doing the first Shift+F10 or right mouse click on selected item to bring up its context menu. To recover, use Task Manager to kill active application window session. Then, starting Windows Explorer will usually work correctly. If the hang occurs on the desktop, bring up Task Manager, kill explorer.exe process and then start c:\windows\explorer.exe to restart the desktop. Problem appears to be associated with the initial start of explorer.exe, as the recovery steps usually clear up the problem.issue.

How do you get the selected ContextMenu item?

I am running with a contextmenu which is made by the looping via a datarow view and into the foreach loop . This is what I have right now :

ToolStripMenuItem menuItem = new ToolStripMenuItem();
    menuItem.Text = row["Name"].ToString();
    menuItem.Name = row["StockCategoryId"].ToString();
    menuItem.Click += new EventHandler(MoveTo_Click);
    moveToMenuItem.DropDownItems.Add(menuItem);

The MoveTo_Click event does something dependent on what ToolStripMenuItem was selected. How do I receive what this selected component was?

You are able to implement the sender parameter of MoveTo_Click :

Code:
    void Move2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    ToolStripMenuItem m = (ToolStripMenuItem)sender;

MessageBox.Show(m.Text);

}
    You are also go for the Tag property of ToolStripMenuItem to store RowIndex or
    Primary Key for good finding of recently created row.