Thread: Accidentally deleted winlogon.exe

Accidentally deleted winlogon.exe

I have been using the compaq presario desktop which is installed with windows 7. Actually i was scanning my system which got deleted accidentally as soon as i removed the virus from the system. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get this file back. Also if possible can you suggest a good antivirus application so that i can avoid such things in future.

Re: Accidentally deleted winlogon.exe

As far as i know it would be better to get this problem resolved if you try to get these files recovered by using the recovery CD on your system. All you need to do is to insert the CD and boot it on your system and when the blue screen appears it will prompt you for the automated system recovery simply press the R key from you keyboard. Hopefully this should fix this matter.

You can try to restore your system which will help you to get this problem resolved try to restore your system to a date when your system was absolutely fine and without any error and when the winlogon.exe file is not deleted from the system. The restoration wil definitely help you to fix this issue. Hopefully

You need to follow the instructions which are mentioned below in order to get this problem fixed.
    • Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, then restart the computer.
    • Select the options required to boot the computer from the CD-ROM when prompted.
    • When the Welcome screen of Setup appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    • Type your Administrator password if you have one, otherwise you do not type anything and then press ENTER.