Thread: How to change default aspect ratio of a video

How to change default aspect ratio of a video

hello I hope someone can help me i have a problem with some divx for example if both are widescreen aspect ratio some come with a bigger so the black bars are shorter. But they are not in pan-scan But seeing himself still in full widescreen mode. My question is if a divx I have which comes in widescreen "thin" I can convert it without losing any quality like a divx widest widescreen but with shorter strips without making it obvious pan-scan more or less ..... what you can do with the player on a pc ... it changes the aspect ratio ... but I want this so divx already .... so that when you put in the Divx widescreen desktop display the widest. I hope you understand me as a greeting ... forum and again thanks and hope I can help.

Re: How to change default aspect ratio of a video

To be able to resize it again you'll have to recode the video, do not know if that's what you want . I've used it for the avi that has resolution larger than (W) 704 (eg 720) and I can not see the player table (not pc) and I find it good. I use the xvid codec for this and rezise filter with VirtualDub or VirtualDub Mod do not know if this is what you want the same or something else.

Thanks a lot if that's what I want but there put to recode the video and besides that it always loses quality slow that could be expected without recode but never mind. Perhaps another option will be appreciated because i am not very much versed with the virtual dub also suggest a better option for the same. thanks for answering my post.

Hello hope someone can help me, I need to change the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 by a concert. Avi without sacrificing much image quality, No matter what the image is stretched vertically only. If someone could show me some good program to do so successfully would greatly appreciate it.

Virtual Dub can do it with the filters that the program offers. With it you can change the height and / or width of your choice. This is a truly versatile tool, but very little intuitive when handling. VirtualDub features ranging from video clips, the union and track extraction to processing (change of resolution, video quality, conversion, etc.). Plugins using a wide range for very specific treatments.

RadAcoustics Guest

Just Found a rather usefull thread reguarding a program called MPEG4 Modifier . It allows you to modify the aspect ratio and a few other handy little tricks without re-encoding the original AVI (Xvid or Divx).

It's a tiny download only 30Kb, it does the job though and fast. Fixed a bunch of my movies in five minutes flat. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 20-02-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.