Thread: iPhone Error:"The user name or password for pop3.live.com is incorrect"

iPhone Error:"The user name or password for pop3.live.com is incorrect"

I have set the hotmail account with the Apple iPhone and after that i did not receive any message but getting the error with the same i.e. iPhone Error:"The user name or password for pop3.live.com is incorrect". I have entered the right info and login to account with the same but not working on the iPhone. Please help me with same. A help much appreciated. Thanks

Re: iPhone Error:"The user name or password for pop3.live.com is incorrect"

I think that you are not set the POP setting properly which you made in the iPhone. Just ensure that you have created the POP account setting properly or not. My device is working properly with the Hotmail account and having no issue with the same. So if you can then recheck the setting for same and work with the issue.

Where are you from? As i have reviewed regarding POP3 which is not available in most of the country. It can be also possible that your country is not having the support for POP 3 and that is why it is unable to make the same. So first check for the POP 3 Availability in Windows Live Hotmail in your country and then try to make the same.

Setting up your e‑mail is a bit like setting up a new computer: You do it only once. After you configure your e‑mail accounts in Windows Mail, you never have to hassle with it again—unless, of course, you open a new e‑mail account.
    Windows Mail allows you to send and receive messages from multiple e‑mail accounts. You can set up Windows Mail to work with many types of providers, from the biggest, most popular e‑mail services all the way down to the smallest Internet service provider (ISP). Check out this for complete detail about Windows Live Mail.