Thread: Hotmail receiving but not sending email in Outlook Express

Hotmail receiving but not sending email in Outlook Express

I am having an issue while trying to send a email through the Hotmail account. As it is receiving mail and having no error with the same but when i am trying to send the mail i am getting following error:
    Code:
    The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '{removed email address}'. Subject 'test', Account: 'xxxx', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
    If possible then please let me know how to get rid of this issue. A help may be appreciated. Thanks you.

Re: Hotmail receiving but not sending email in Outlook Express

First thing regarding your problem i will advise you to reinstall the Outlook into the system of your which might be not working properly with the system of yours and having issue with the same. The installation of the same might resolve the issue with the same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

It seems that the account of yours is not have set properly with the Outlook that is why you are getting the problem with the same. If possible set your email account again with the Outlook and see whether it is working with the sending of the mail in the same or not. Also let me know if it is working for you.

Did you tried using any other email account with the Outlook? If not then try them first and see whether you are getting the same problem with it or not. Just set the outlook to work with any other email account and try to send the mail. If you are still getting the problem then it might be the issue with the Outlook which you need to correct by reinstalling the Outlook.

It seems that you port is unable to send the message or blocked to send the same if you are having any issue with the same then i will advise you to go through the setting of the Outlook and change the port and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope that this will resolve with the changing the port setting.

I am having the same problem with the Hotmail which is not working fine with me also. I have gone through the lots of forum and finally i got the solution which worked for me. Actually it was the SMTP port which is not sending the mail as it requires the authentication. I have provided the password and username and not it is working with my mail.

I will first advise you to clear the cache and history of the browser which might be conflicting with the sending of the mail. After that try to send the same again. Also if you can then go through the below given link which is having the same discussion as your. So follow the same and see whether you are getting any help or not.
    Problem while sending/receiving emails in Outlook 2007