Thread: Net use command issues

Net use command issues

At work we have a local network with several computers, all sharing printers, internet .. etc. My computer is a laptop, and want to connect to the secretary (who is also the one with the router). I have access to the Internet and all printers, including the one connecting to the secretary. but for some reason I can not connect to the computer of the secretary. Or create connect to network drive that is what I want. When I try to do this I get this screen. I can connect to all but the secretary (called ESTUDIO2), shows that accepting is not available.I tried to access through DOS NET USE but also with what I should be doing no good. So thought that someone from your side can help me. Since, I am not much aware about the Net use command, I need some detailed explanation that can be understood properly.

Re: Net use command issues

The following steps may help you in resolving your problem :
    1. Check you can access from your laptop to ESTUDIO2. To do this open a command prompt (Start -> Run ... cmd) and type in the ping command estudio2.
    2. If the ping responds satisfactorily will run from Start -> Run ... the \ \ ESTUDIO2. Should at least show the shares on ESTUDIO2.
    3. If it is not so sure that your computer has any available drive letter to be assigned to the connection you want to do.
    4. If you have already released a unit and still ESTUDIO2 verifies that the connection is enabled to share files and printers and any firewall disabled. The quickest way to check is to try logging in from any computer.
    5. If from another computer if you can access, make sure that no more than 10 computers connected to the same office ESTUDIO2 as this maximum limit access in a windows workgroup.
    6. If that limit is not exceeded and l know the password of local administrator ESTUDIO2 user try to open a command console on your laptop and run the command:
      net use open letter: \ \ ESTUDIO2 \ c $ password / u: ESTUDIO2 \ administrator

This is one of those things you always forget when making scripts for automatic network drives. I leave here because some uses of the net utility use. The following are some examples :
    net use H: \ \ fooserver \ share
    net use H: \ \ fooserver \ share / User: User password
    net use H: \ \ fooserver \ share / user: domain \ user password

I would like to discuss more about the NET USE command. It is used in scripts for connecting customers to a domain. Its syntax is:
    • NET USE L: \\ SERVER \ SHARE / PERSISTENT: NO

It will replace "SERVER", the name of your server, and "SHARING" by the name of your share. It is important to delete and recreate all the network shares at boot. To delete all the partitions, the following is required :
    • NET USE * / DELETE / YES

Here is the complete example of a startup script :
    NET USE * / DELETE / YES

NET USE Z: \\ SERVER \ share1 / PERSISTENT: NO

NET USE U: \\ Server2 \ PARTAGE2 / PERSISTENT: NO
    The script must be placed in the \\ SERVER \ NETLOGON. You must have administrative rights to modify the content of this directory.

Disable Windows Firewall ... Shows that both IPs are on the same network ... Ping times when it works \\ IP \ Share name (file: // \\ IP \ share name) enter in the address bar in explorer (Windows Explorer) no Internet ^ ^ ... Depending on what test for an error message that comes sharing permissions on the other computer and security settings. Otherwise, alternative views can share on the C: drive to create and share and see if you have access.