Thread: Need subtitle support on DVD

Need subtitle support on DVD

I downloaded a DivX legally and I would turn it into a DVD. For that I have NeroVision Express 3, but I also want to include subtitles for the end of the film displays a lot of texts. The DivX itself is about 1.3GB , which should give a satisfactory result. How do I proceed to incorporate subtitles. I need some help for the same. I am trying to figure some similar solution for the same. What you suggest for this.

Re: Need subtitle support on DVD

It is quite possible on a DVD, correct subtitles already existing languages to add subtitles. There are lots of tool that can help you out for the same. Some of the tool which I recommend you for this are DVDDecrypter , SubRip, Subtitles Workshop, DVDLab pro and IFOUpdate etc. It is quite possible on a DVD to correct subtitles already existing languages to add subtitles.

I am currently designing a DVD on DVD Studio Pro is the first time using this software and I thought it was possible to add subtitles on a track without having to create a second. I would actually keep two versions of the film, one with subtitle and one without subtitles and it fits on a dvd but is it possible if yes then how. I am not able to find out the proper solution for the same.

Some video players like VLC would be able to make the subtitles from an external file like .srt or .sub on video during playback. However, many integrated players such as Xbox 360, may not have such options. In such cases you might need to incorporate the subtitles in the video track, which allows us to burn videos srt or sub files to DVD for DVD Player on Mac.

I am using the method by DVD Shrink which I will like to share. This works fine except chapter points that did not work. The only negative point for the same is that the method does not keep the menus, bonus, etc.. Once finished, you will may need to go through DVD-Shrink and there are some direct methods which gives you the support. The software is quiet easy to use.

It is indeed difficult to find the right tools. There is no issue whether it is free or paid except professional tools. If you just want to add subtitles, see Subtitle Workshop. In fact, the subtitles are integrated into VOB files usually in a bitmap image generally, it must extract, convert it to text, etc. If you want to replace the tires under-written in language A and replace them with subtitles in language B.

I recommend using DVDDecrypter in IFO mode to rip the DVD directly demultiplexing the video and audio tracks, then use a DVD to re DVDAuthorGUI adding the subtitle file, but I not yet had the opportunity to test this method. You can use SubRip format which can also be used. But I do not know how I can add an existing DVD with menu, a film subtitles.