Thread: Driver question -PCI Simple Communications Controller

Driver question -PCI Simple Communications Controller

After performing the installation of software, I moved back via my driver installation disk to get things functioning . Everything is going fine except there is something known PCI Simple Communications Controller. It is not showing as to be affecting something adversely, but I am unable to find any information on this as online. The entire threads ,I tried to search a lot about same on Google and have pointed back onto the Microsoft's Update pages, that I don't yet need to tempt just yet. I am running with any expansion cards. As my board is a DQ965GF. Any advice would be feasible for me ?

Re: Driver question -PCI Simple Communications Controller

I got some hints regarding this . If you move into the device manager and clicked on the PCI simple communications controller, moved into the property and then go in details. You will get the code as according to the example PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code suggests the vendor and the DEV code means device: in my situation , the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8. The PCI simple communications controller was a Microsoft UAA Bus HD audio.I also had some different PCI.

Device which is not functioning in well manner, going through the same method I found out that my PCI device was an HSF PCI internal modem with the code number CX11252-11. I had a complex time in the procedure of downloading the drivers, after six or seven times the download started. So wait for this , if you are running with the same hardware...

Fine, the board specified as section of the Intel's desktop line.This is bad luck, I don't get any Windows Server 2003 drivers for this on Intel's official web site, that is likely to be the causes if you are getting that error. That is the procedure Manager presents an undetected serial device that could be any number of components . There is no any method to tell except by testing the Device Manager carefully to find out if any of the expected MB devices are missing.

I was running with the similar scenario following the installation of WHS on a machine . I built to house this . My scenario was the Gigabit Ethernet Controller required a driver that Windows Server 2003 did not facilitate at the time of setup. After I executed the driver and tools CD from my MB, it has been installed the required driver(s) and WHS completely connected to the router and therefor the internet, automatically connected with the automatic updates and downloaded and performed the installation of the same . The server looks fine that's why I like to go with this !

The solution that I found about the HECI driver to installation was hack the inf file. I am just waiting for my RAID array to allocate this currently so I am unable to restart for a couple of hours but I will get if it functioning on another restart, if my temp monitoring will be functioning then I established my new server last night and sure enough I figured out that the Intel Desktop tools worked but there is no temp monitoring.