Thread: Problem streaming video to Xbox 360 (69-c00d36c4)

Problem streaming video to Xbox 360 (69-c00d36c4)

I just received the annoying issue when I was trying to stream the video to my 360. I have stored the file on my installed windows vista ultimate system and my Home Server. The file going well from the Windows Vista system and a Windows XP laptop but when hosted by WHS it occurred the error 69-c00d36c4.

It happens with more than one files yet some with the same codecs, tested with AVIcodec, going feasible and fine. Anybody have any suggestion why ?

Re: Problem streaming video to Xbox 360 (69-c00d36c4)

I have performed the installation of fall update and the optional media update. All .wmv videos is going fine but a lot of my .avi/.mpeg videos still not playing. When I used to play some of the videos, I have received one of the following Status Codes:

69-C00D36C4
    80-C00DF242
    69-C00D002F

I would like to be capable to get my videos without the involvement of the programs such as TVersity, Transcode 360 and so many thing and after the latest updates they should be functioning anyways. Can someone suggest me something about the same ? Is there any method through which I can "upgrade" the codecs that they use so that they will go for the streaming ?

Perform the re-installation of the optional media update. This may resolve the issues (It did for me)

1. Move to the Marketplace section of the Xbox Dashboard and choose Game Store, All Games.
    2. Choose the Optional Media Update two times (once from All Games and once from the Optional Media update), then be sure about the downloading procedure.
    3. Once the downloading got completed, choose continue and come back with the Xbox Dashboard (press BACK or B three times).

Initially , thanks for the prompt reply. I moved through your suggestion as you specified , but the videos which were not functioning before still will not play.

My videos are stored within the separate directories and when I loaded up the directory the videos are shown in a list. The videos that I have used to play before (which gave me one of the Status Codes) sometimes display up with a red circle with the slash via this on the left of the name. When I used to open them, the XBox stated beeping , but does not load the video. What else can I do in this situation ?

hi guys ! i am running with some issues . I got few which still not getting played. My guess is that the audio codec is not currently available. If the DivX/XVid files are not using the standard AAC or MP3 audio streams, after then they are in the same and not working after all .The picture is attached ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi dude, I am not sure what codecs they are using right now . For playing the videos and songs on my system I have recently finished the installation of "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack" and all of thing are functioning properly on the system. Do you have any idea about the procedure to find out what codec the videos use ? Should I go for the re installation of codecs on my system ?

Thanks buddy , I have searched out via the thread but there is no any result after all operation . Users are suggesting videora, but when I used and download the same when the file got damaged.

I am able to play the videos very well using media player and so I am unable to get a reason that why the xbox has stopped streaming via the TV. I am still searching for the same and it will let the user to be sure the outcome, this is actually ticking me off right now.