Thread: Windows 7 Briefcase is not viable

Windows 7 Briefcase is not viable

I use the briefcase commonly to sync my laptop with my official desktop.I have installed the windows 7 . The windows 7 seems to render the briefcase unusable. 1) Sync source file and status are missing from the default Windows Explorer display. After all I considered the procedure to restore them, but it is hardly user friendly. 2) Syncing analysis seems too slow and it requires to speed up to stop (Commonly Task Manager states that it is non-responsive) but it come back if you will wait for a long enough. 3)Do you have any method to "split from original" so that the files or directories may be deleted from the briefcase, I have not considered out the procedures .

Re: Windows 7 Briefcase is not viable

I would recommend you to go for the syncing using Briefcase with the removable media and find out the, if it is viable for you in this situation. For syncing with the help of Briefcase as well as with removable media

1. Copy the Briefcase to any type of removable media.

2. Unplug the media from the first system and plug the same into another system.

3. Just be sure that any configurations you need to the files in the Briefcase on the removable media. Don't go for copying the Briefcase from the removable media from the second system.

4. For syncing your configuration with the first system, remove out the media from another system and plug it into the first system.

5. From the first machine, open up the removable media directory, make a right-click on the Briefcase and then click on the Update All to sync any configurations that you have made.

Hello Praetor

I have now started working with the Windows 7 and I have created a file within the MS Excel it is another type of database, now I need to go for sync this with my system so that I am able to make the prior configuration within this from different destinations . I also have used the above steps but it is displaying as that the files are orphans so it is now unable to get synchronized. Can you help me through the procedure to synchronize the files ?

Thank you,

I was figured out today that there was an reply for my issue . Instead I got that Elila has replied with the question and a message referencing the same issue. Thank you very much for replying absolutely identical "content free" responses to my issues . It suggests me and whoever cares to think that it is exactly how much concentration Microsoft pays to our issues . I am sorry I don't have a canned complaint that should match your canned fixed.

In the sort period , please make sure that I am running with the reverted to Windows XP on entire system that I had upgraded.

I stumbled according to the post in searching for answers to the Windows 7 Briefcase. What I can find as an reply (at least for my scenario) was that the important menu bar for the briefcase got invisible by default within the Windows 7. The standard Windows 7 directory view does not have the known File, Edit, View, etc. You are able to enable this again with common menu bar by clicking on Organize-Layout-Menu Bar. Once, it will allow and you will also get the known about the "Briefcase" option in the menu bar when you are in your Briefcase. Within the Briefcase you have to move into the "Split From Original" option.

Thank you very much for the suggestion regarding the status - it is sure that I am running with the same issue as NM - when I moved onto the briefcase copy through the USB stick on different system and then move back with the updates with the actual system. I receive a message stating entire files are orphans. I have currently tried the same and configured the files through many briefcases and the same happens all time. Anybody can help me ?