Thread: Need MCI driver to use my Kaplan GRE software CD for Windows 7

Need MCI driver to use my Kaplan GRE software CD for Windows 7

I am having Kaplan's GRE program CD which i need to install on my Windows 7 running machine but the problem whenever i am trying to install the same it is showing me the error regarding the MCI driver. I have searched for the MCI driver but could not found one. Also checked on the Kaplan site but no help. So if you are having any idea about MCI driver then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need MCI driver to use my Kaplan GRE software CD for Windows 7

As you are trying to install the Kaplan GRE software in the Window 7 then first i will advise you to check whether this program is having the compatibility with the Windows 7 or not. If it is not having the compatibility then it is hard to get then software for the same. So look for the compatibility on the Windows Compatibility Center

I am afraid to tell you that the Kaplan GRE software is not having the compatibility with the Windows 7 that is why you will not get any software support for the same. You can not run the Kaplan GRE software CD on the Windows 7. In Future it might be possible that the Microsoft release the update which support the same. Thanks

Even if the program is not compatible with the Windows 7 then also you can try to run the program with the Windows Compatibility Mode for that you have to go through the below given step that will help you for same. Just go through the same.

• Right click on Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for”
    • Select the compatibility (Vista or XP)
    • Click on Apply
    • Click on OK

I have gone through the official website of the Kaplan GRE and searched for the compatibility with the Windows 7 but did not got any compatibility information for the Windows 7. The software only support till the Windows XP after that it is not having any support for Vista or Windows 7. You can also check about the same here.

You can also run the program with the Windows XP mode which is the application developed by the Microsoft to overcome the problem of the Windows 7 compatibility that you are going through. All you have to do is to install the Windows 7 XP mode into the system and then install the Kalpan Software CD in the same.

hi goatape,

I tried following your steps but still the .iso file didn't ran..
    1) I right-clicked the GMTsetup.exe -> selected properties
    2) Opened compatibility
    3) Checkbox for "run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP2") was selected. Still I clicked on "Change settings for all users".
    4) Selected the Windows XP Service pack mode
    4) Clicked on "Apply" and the "Ok"..

Now when I again double clicked on the .exe file to run it, I still got the same MCI driver missing error.

Kindly let me know how should I proceed or what wrong am I doing.

You're hypothetical to burn a CD from that image. You do not comprise that; there are several tools around that permit you to access the content .iso file. I make use of the MSFT Virtual CD tool, lets you mount an .iso image as a unit. For something more refined, check out the Deamon Tools or IsoBuster. MagicISO can even use tools. You can easily extract the ISO file with trial version. However, the ISO file must be less than 300 MB.