Thread: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Apple Mobile Device service (Itunes)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Apple Mobile Device service (Itunes)

I am using 64 bit Windows 7 operating system on my computer and i am trying to connect an iPod touch 2G as well as 3G but i am not able to do so as i am getting an error as "this iPod cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device service is not started". And when i am trying to do it forcefully then i am getting "Windows could not start the Apple Mobile Device service on local computer, error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly".

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Apple Mobile Device service (Itunes)

This seems to be the driver problem on your windows 7 operating system as it might happen that your windows system wont be having a proper driver for an iPod which you have connected to it. I think you should use the CD which you must have got along with an iPod when you bought it. That CD would be having all the drivers needed to synchronize your iPod with your windows 7 system.

There could be a problem with an iTunes as if you have not installed an iTunes properly on your windows 7 system then you wont be able to control your iPods from the computer system as iTunes is an interface for windows system to communicate with an Apple Devices. Specially for iPods and iPhones. So you must try reinstalling an iTunes on your computer and then check connecting it again.

First of all check that your computer system has proper Windows 7 USB drivers or not as you must be connecting your iPods by using the USB cord so it mandatory for your windows platform to have proper usb drivers in order to detect the device which has been connected on USB port. In most cases usb drivers have seen as a problem for not detecting the usb portable devices.

I guess some security software installed on your system would be causing this problem as it might be conflicting with an iTunes. I suggest for a clean boot which can solve this problem. Follow the given steps for doing clean boot.
    1. Make sure that you have logged in as an admin.
    2. Go to the Start menu and type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box.
    3. Enter the same ID and password by using which you have logged in.
    4. Switch to the General Tab and then click on Selective Startup, Now click on clear the Load startup items check box.
    5. Go to the Services tab and click for selecting Hide all Microsoft services check box and then Disable All.