Thread: LUA / SRP or AppLocker Error?

LUA / SRP or AppLocker Error?

I have a problem before all of you, your little technical and twist the mind ... I hope that all help to solve this problem. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (x86), which is protected by NIS 2010. I always use AppLocker LUA with Applied. I also disabled the autorun feature through registry modifications. 3 days ago, I connected an infected USB memory of my sister, who is infected with two nasty malwares is a Win32.Imaut and other Win32.Downadup B. After inserting the USB drive once i scanned with NIS 2010. After scanning all viruses have been removed, but when I entered the details I have found Win32.Imaut tried to modify my registry entries ... But any changes that have repaired by NIS 2010. Also I don't have much knowledge about the AppLocker, so I may facing the more problem. Please help me out.

Re: LUA / SRP or AppLocker Error?

When I checked the details I found that Win32.Imaut tried to modify my registry entries ... But any changes that have repaired by NIS 2010.
    Norton Threat Details (That shows the ugly consequences once the malware is executed) that's all. If not implemented and was zapping malware automatically by NIS only means that you have no problem.

Windows 7 provides a tool called AppLocker that can lock certain applications where we have the administrator permissions. This way you can decide which programs are running on the PC and thereby preventing users launch applications that we consider dangerous or inappropriate. It is a powerful feature that will allow us to increase the security of your computer from external threats.

AppLocker is a tool supplied with Windows Seven we will make life easier to manage permissions for execution of certain applications. So we just have to use an account administrator to configure this service and allows us to specify the way in which users run an application, service or even a script. The philosophy is very simple and works with rules that allow or deny that we can extend to groups of users and we have the possibility of applying the rules in many different ways. To use AppLocker must enter the local policy group launching the command gpedit.msc from the run window from the Start menu.

What you have to do to activate one or more rules, is as follows:
    1. Press Windows + R keys and type in the corresponding box of the window that opens, gpedit.msc. Click on OK. Opens the Editor window of the local group.
    2. In the left panel follows the route:
    3. Computer Configuration -> Security Settings -> Application Control Policies -> AppLocker
    4. Enables activation and enter submenus AppLocker blocking rules you want in each one of them.
    5. Close the editor.

To use AppLocker you need to have the application identity service must be started. To this end we are in the text box in the Start menu "services.msc", double click on application identity, set the Startup type to Automatic and click Start. The setting must be confirmed by clicking the "OK". For AppLocker you get the fastest with the call to "secpol.msc" from the Start menu text box. If we extend the tree with application control policies, and again during AppLocker, you can then select the AppLocker.