Thread: Windows 7 will not recognize my iPhone as a camera

Windows 7 will not recognize my iPhone as a camera

I am having iPhone and i have just installed the Windows 7 in my desktop computer but when i am trying to connect the device of mine with the Windows 7 desktop PC it is not recognized by the same. iTunes detect the iPhone immediately but when it comes to the computer of mine for the use of the camera it is not detecting the iPhone. If any one is having the knowledge then please help me. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 will not recognize my iPhone as a camera

I think that this is the problem with the driver to run the iPhone in the PC which might be not functioning properly and having the issue with the same. If possible for you then just install the driver for the same again and see whether it is working with the device of yours or not. I hope that this will work with the iPhone after the installation of the driver to the system.

I will advise you to check first whether the device of yours is having the driver listed in the system or not. To know about the listing of the driver into your system you have to go with the below given step that will help you to know more about the same.

1. Right Click on My Computer Icon
    2. Select Properties
    3. Go to the Hardware Tab
    4. Click on Device Manager Tab
    5. Look for Apple iPhone
    6. If listed then right click on same
    7. Select Update driver

Thats it!!!!!!!

I think that this is then issue with the driver only and can be resolve with the help of the driver only. as Windows 7 is the new OS from Microsoft it is having the compatibility issue with the older version of the drivers for the same. So if you are using the older driver then i will advise you to download the latest driver for same and install it in system. Hope this will work.

As per your problem i have searched a lot and come up with the some of the solution which might help you to get rid of the issue that you are getting with the iPhone. Just go through the below given link which will resolve the issue with same. I hope this will help you with the same.
    Apple iPhone

If nothing is working for you and you are still having the problem then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue and find the detail for same. As they are the developer and having the knowledge regarding the same. So if you can then contact the Microsoft and see whether you are getting any solution for same or not.

When drivers required by a PC's USB interface are not installed correctly or are out of date, an iPhone, iPad, or iPod connected to this computer may not be recognized properly.

1. Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.
    2. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
    3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    4. Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and click next. Then the Have Disk button should appear.
    5. Click the Browse button, then navigate to the following location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
    6. Note: If using a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
    7. Double-click the usbaapl file. (This file will be called usbaapl64 if you have a 64-bit version of Windows.)
    8. Click OK on the Have Disk window. Then click Next. Click Finish. Windows installs the driver.

Hi, I reaaally need help, I just got a new laptop windows 7 64bit, I plug in my iphone, windows and itunes is not able to detect it, I've tried everything. And also I do not have apple mobile device in device manager, please help me!