Thread: Windows Media Center will not download Guide updates. Internet TV and Netflix options are not there on menu screen

Windows Media Center will not download Guide updates. Internet TV and Netflix options are not there on menu screen

I am trying to set up Media Center for Internet TV and Netflix. I have ran setup file many time but it did not worked. And even i am not getting an option on the Menu screen. It keeps on giving me an error when i try to download the guide updates in order to check the update log. When i am trying to enter my product ID number to verify activation then it shows the message for an invalid.

Re: Windows Media Center will not download Guide updates. Internet TV and Netflix options are not there on menu screen

Even i have seen this problem on my Windows Media Center and i guess i have solved this problem. I suggest you to run mcupdate.exe which you can find it in C:\windows\ehome\ directory or on whichever driver you have installed Windows OS. Though i am not so sure that this will solve the problem but still you must try running this executable.

Re: Windows Media Center will not download Guide updates. Internet TV and Netflix options are not there on menu screen

You have not mentioned an operating system which you have installed on your computer system as if you are using Windows 7 operating system then i have heard that the Netflix is not yet released for windows 7 so you have to wait for it. And if you have installed Netflix for some other windows and you are trying to run it on windows 7 then it is not gonna work.

I have given steps by following which your problem might gets solved.
    1. Start Windows Media Center and then go to the Settings.
    2. Switch to the General Tab and then go to an Automatic Download Options where you have to make sure that the "Download when connected" is enabled.
    3. The Netflix tile will appear as soon as you download the next Media Center Guide.
    4. Once Netflix appeared on Windows Media Center then you have to press button to install it.

There could be an internet connection issue due to which you are not able to update the Windows Media Center guide which is needed to get the Netflix or Internet TV on your Windows Computer system. I suggest you to check that you are getting the proper packets of an internet or not, If not then you must contact with an ISP to solve that problem first then you may come back to the Netflix and Internet TV problem.

I do not have any idea that how come i have solved this problem but i guess there would be some resisting from the Microsoft itself which was not letting us download the updates and due to which it was getting done. But suddenly it got worked when i tried it. So i suggest you guys as well that you should keep on trying. It might be happening due to the Microsoft server down.

Great!!!! I have tried it some around 15 times but it was not working. I do not know that what happened to it now as it worked for this time. Actually i placed the file (C:\Windows\ehome\mcupdate.exe) and then opened Media Center, ran the update "as administrator". Now rebooting the system solves this problem.