Thread: I Can't Set Low Risk File Types In Win 7 Home Premium

I Can't Set Low Risk File Types In Win 7 Home Premium

I don't require to secure myself from the gif or jpg, but I always queried if I am sure when I made a double click on this . The weired thing is that I am able to open the Window's bmp without any hassle. I have tried to find the registry and didn't got the often indicated "LowRiskFileTypes". How do I control on these things ? I already running with the UAC configure as "never". I obvioulsy see the indicated GPedit.msc, but that is not on my system.

Re: I Can't Set Low Risk File Types In Win 7 Home Premium

This is reported by several users on the official discussion also and you need to be sure about the registry configuration . When did this problem generated for the first time, you can do the following to solve this issue ? You need to run the registry editor from the the Start menu and move:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations

Remove out the .jpg and .jpeg from the value they are available . Or go for the online update of the definition of Avast and do a full scan.

Actually, the "LowRiskFileTypes" configuration always getting applied to the attachment , it is not applied in case of the image files that is already installed onto the hard disk. From the updated information, it assumes that this problem got generated during opening the files on a removable driver. If you are running with the installation of any applicable anti-virus software , I suggest to make them disable and check out if the problem is in the same way .Post your result ...

I must have been clear. The jpg directory is placed onto my desktop. The gif is running on the external drive. The folder was made by me. The jpg's are retrieving from somebody else. I am having full access and configure the permission the folder. The permission screen is accessed from Windows that is not from the Avast. However, I made disable entire applicable shields and the issue was not still resolved . Is there any causes for a jpg would require the permission to open this up ? So far the issue is limited. Other jpgs in different folders browse up immediately.

I was searching the appropriate setting steps for windows 7 but the following gets rid of this onto my Windows XP but not on Windows 7 so I am searching for the alternate fix that can be applied onto the Windows 7:

Start Menu => Run => gpedit.msc => User Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Components => Attachment Manager => from the right pane,make a double click on the 'Inclusion list for moderate risk file types' => Enabled => Within the 'Inclusion list for moderate risk file types' => *.* => Click on OK to save the changes ..